OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
right, if you are asking me if i would play for OU who is going to win the Big XII even if they lose a game or two, versus play for OU who is likely not going to *even be competing for the conference championship every year*, i would 100% go to OU in the big xii.

anyone saying otherwise doesn't understand what players want. they want to win and put up huge numbers because that leads to huge contracts. they *do not* want to play for some school that will lose more games but "be more competitive" in a sport where losing one game basically ends your season.

i think you guys put WAY too much on "muh history" zoomers don't care. at all.

Joey, you shouldn't speak on Football.

Look at how many kids get drafted out of the SEC. The SEC has been #1 in number of kids to the NFL for like 15 years straight.

Which blows your theory out of the water.

EDIT: More dominant than I thought....

https://www.secsports.com/article/3...s the eighth straight,taken in the NFL Draft.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a few folks there and will disagree unlike OU he definitely WILL

Couldn't care less who you say you know, if OSU had a chance to go to the SEC, they'd be flying out the door. Naturally, when they don't get an invite it's REALLY easy to say otherwise. Gundy wouldn't have much say in it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are I’ll informed or don’t know what’s going on at OSU. All you are doing is speculating.

Not really, got a few clients that donate up to seven figures to OSU every year and they've said the same thing. They said they'd be much more competitive than more than a few SEC teams and I'm inclined to agree with them.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
OU is reeling from both coaching drama and a poor start in conference play. They need to focus on the upcoming Texas game and try to salvage the rest of the season. Doesn’t really matter what conference they play in if they don’t regroup. It was kind of funny watching all the so called fans filing out the exits at the end of the 3rd quarter last Saturday.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
true,
Joey, you shouldn't speak on Football.

Look at how many kids get drafted out of the SEC. The SEC has been #1 in number of kids to the NFL for like 15 years straight.

Which blows your theory out of the water.

EDIT: More dominant than I thought....

https://www.secsports.com/article/3...s the eighth straight,taken in the NFL Draft.
ah yes, players drafted overall, not which ones went in which rounds, drafted at what position, and how much money.

Average the salaries, the data might look the same, might not.
also, if you add up the OTHER conferences, there are still more players taken from *not* the SEC, so actually my argument stands. yes, you could say ONE conference having more than several combined is the point, but again i would ask about where those players are taken, then you could even go further into the data and look at second contract values, players that play more than 5 years etc etc.

just saying more kids get drafted from the SEC when some of the biggest players in the game were drafted notoriously late from schools no one has heard of ISN'T relevant.

you really aren't that great at making analogies and comparisons. like a far better comparison would be the things i mentioned above, but i was comparing a player who plays every play and puts up big numbers in a worse conference to someone who plays second string in the SEC.

you brought up a complete fallacy and made it about "overall players drafted" which wasn't nearly as nuanced as my original statement, which now i'm taking even further.

what are those odds that a player who plays every down at a smaller conference vs a player who plays second string in the SEC? didn't ou get a quarterback who was going to be a backup and he didn't want to be? didn't he get drafted? you're saying players don't care about....playing?

it's inaccurate to measure draftees of all positions and all players when the original comparison was between a player who is at the level of "number one" for a smaller school or "number two" for an SEC one. *obviously* the conference has more players drafted from the first string; but that's missing the point i was making. which.....doesn't surprise me.

i understand football is a team game of many positions. some positions are more team oriented and some positions are more individual. you certainly might get plenty of playing time as a backup safety in the SEC. but would you as a backup QB? there are without a doubt players in the "skilled" positions that would much rather play every down and give themselves a chance to prove themselves on the field than just ride the bench for a "blue blood".

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
true,

ah yes, players drafted overall, not which ones went in which rounds, drafted at what position, and how much money.

You didn't read the article or comprehend it.

Average the salaries, the data might look the same, might not.
also, if you add up the OTHER conferences, there are still more players taken from *not* the SEC, so actually my argument stands. yes, you could say ONE conference having more than several combined is the point, but again i would ask about where those players are taken, then you could even go further into the data and look at second contract values, players that play more than 5 years etc etc.

Moving the goalposts doesn't help your argument.

https://bnbfootball.com/which-conferences-produce-the-most-nfl-players/

just saying more kids get drafted from the SEC when some of the biggest players in the game were drafted notoriously late from schools no one has heard of ISN'T relevant.

Tell us you don't watch football without telling us you don't watch football.

you really aren't that great at making analogies and comparisons. like a far better comparison would be the things i mentioned above, but i was comparing a player who plays every play and puts up big numbers in a worse conference to someone who plays second string in the SEC.

I wasn't trying to make an analogy. What you're not getting is that kids want to go to a conference that gives them exposure in addition to playing competitive football. Sure some kids trailblazer in smaller conferences and every once in awhile you get a diamond in the rough. But the majority comes from Power 5 conferences.

you brought up a complete fallacy and made it about "overall players drafted" which wasn't nearly as nuanced as my original statement, which now i'm taking even further.

what are those odds that a player who plays every down at a smaller conference vs a player who plays second string in the SEC? didn't ou get a quarterback who was going to be a backup and he didn't want to be? didn't he get drafted? you're saying players don't care about....playing?

Why are we all of the sudden talking about playing second string? Because you need it for your argument? It's like you're arguing with yourself...... again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom