Active Shooter on OU campus?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda funny how I was standing around watching the show with a couple of my buddies and News 9 asked if any of us lived nearby. Well when I said "Yeah I live a couple blocks away" they instantly turned on the camera and shoved a microphone in my face for an interview. As soon as I said "Yeah we've been out here for a couple of hours (We were on the patio at the bar right across from where it supposedly happened) and I didn't hear any shots, I'm not so sure there's anything to be worried about." they took off like they were late for an appointment. Gotta get the reactions of the scared people to get more views, right?
Fkn vampires!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would it have better if the media had ignored the text from university to students?
It’s kind of a catch 22. We definitely don’t want them to ignore things like this situation, but the media has a proven track record of making mountains out of mole hills and skewing the facts to fit their agenda.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would it have better if the media had ignored the text from university to students?

So, somebody hears a loud noise and IMMEDIATELY assumes it is a firearm going off and notifies the college administration. Then the administration IMMEDIATELY goes off with dire warnings, causing lock downs and panic, for something that just didn't happen, but we are supposed to think that the media is going to be truthful with what they actually report?

If the media had reported that a group of people across from where the "incident" supposedly happened "didn't hear anything to be concerned about," do you suppose that would have been the appropriate thing to do? You know, to inform the public that there was really nothing serious going on.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the OU president has sent out a press release that the “swatting” calls on the Friday night deal were made from out of state according to FBI investigation of the incident

Edit: it was “out of country” not out of state.
With the correct VPN one can assign their IP addy to any country they want while sitting in a dorm on campus from what I understand.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://okcfox.com/news/local/unive...nty-law-enforcement-education-norman-sooners#

University of Oklahoma president: Active shooter scare was a swatting incident​

NORMAN, Okla. (KOKH) — The active shooter scare at the University of Oklahoma last Friday night was a swatting incident, officials confirmed on Sunday evening.

Swatting situations involve callers faking an emergency that draws a large response from law enforcement.

"Although the investigation will continue for some time, it is believed that the calls targeting our campus originated from outside of the United States," OU President Joseph Harroz Jr. said. "Sadly, OU is not the only school to have recently been targeted by swatting, and it is deeply troubling that there are people who want to purposely inflict such trauma and chaos."

Harroz Jr. said several calls were made to 911 shortly before 9:30 p.m. Friday that reported an active shooter on campus near the South Oval and Bizzell Memorial Library.

Latest posts

Top Bottom