pedestrian saving a parking space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually park away from the doors. The trick is finding a parking space far enough to be away from the lazy bastages (the ones who don't give two craps about slamming their doors into yours), but not so far out that you attract the flaming a-holes who'll come park right next to you because, well, they're flaming a-holes...

Yep. I do the same thing. I have a good size truck, so parking far away makes it easier to park, and don't have to worry about people hitting my truck with their doors.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No worse than somebody taking up space in the parking lot by sitting in their car talking on the phone or texting, especially after they've finished shopping, loaded up their car, and even finished leaving their empty basket between cars like all good WM customers.

Oh d*mn ... I forgot it's a contest. Run 'em over if you need to, you win!

,m

Yes! This is the one that gets me! I've had people see me stop, put on my blinker and they still take their time. I hope it comes back on them someday.

Well, would you rather them be talking on the phone or texting while at the checkout counter -or even worse- while driving. It would be much more polite to make phone calls and texts while sitting in your car in a parking lot rather than at the checkout counter. Much safer than while driving.

My company policy is No calling/texting/emailing while driving. So when I pull into a lot or before I leave i make sure I am caught up before I go to leave.

You are correct, it is annoying. But I think it is the least of all evils. I don't know how I would function without a cell phone anymore. But life did seem a lot simpler before them.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, would you rather them be talking on the phone or texting while at the checkout counter -or even worse- while driving. It would be much more polite to make phone calls and texts while sitting in your car in a parking lot rather than at the checkout counter. Much safer than while driving.

My company policy is No calling/texting/emailing while driving. So when I pull into a lot or before I leave i make sure I am caught up before I got to leave.

either way it gives em something to whine about

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eh ... poor guy was probably in the "gotta act out to keep she that must be obeyed off his butt" mode.

Now ... if you'd been sitting waiting for someone to back out of a spot on your right, turn signals on, they're backing out, and before their backup lights go off someone comes zipping in from the left between you and the person who just backed out and into the space...

I threatened to whip a guy's ass at the service desk in Home Depot one time about 10 years ago for doing just that. Not one of my prouder moments, I might add.

I'd waited for a while for a guy to load, fiddle with everything inside his care apparently, and then back out, when I normally don't ever wait, and I couldn't even tell you why I'd waited that day, but I had. When the guy backed out he blocked me, and another car whipped into the spot nearly hitting the front of the car that was leaving. It was pretty apparent what his intent was. I said screw it, drove on and found a spot. But, when I walked in, he was standing at the return desk right inside the door. I hollered "hey" at him to get his attention, which also drew a little bit of attention from others, and said, "You saw me waiting for that space didn't you?" He nodded yes. I asked him if he thought he was cute whipping in front of me like that. He audibly said, "no, not really", I asked him if he was in that big of a hurry that he thought it was alright for him to be an inconsiderate jerk, and again he said no. Then I told him it was his lucky day, because 10 years ago, I would of whipped his ass for him right there at the counter, and said if he was interested I could oblige him with one then. He apologized and turned around.

It took me all of about 3 seconds to regret the entire encounter. I'm lucky I didn't get my ass kicked for the trouble, or thrown out of Home Depot and invited never to return. Some ****, just ain't worth getting worked up over, but sometimes you only gain wisdom from making mistakes.

I don't need a parking place, ever, for any reason, bad enough to cut in front of someone waiting for one, or take one from someone holding one, or to get worked up if someone does those things to me. At least not anymore.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually park away from the doors. The trick is finding a parking space far enough to be away from the lazy bastages (the ones who don't give two craps about slamming their doors into yours), but not so far out that you attract the flaming a-holes who'll come park right next to you because, well, they're flaming a-holes...

Hey that's me LOL
Nothing funner than taking the ol CJ on 36s and parking it right next to the Vette the guy decided to park 15 spaces out away from everyone. It's even funner when your buddy parks his on the other side!!!
Sorry fella, we didnt want our Jeeps to get door dinged or hit by a stray cart LOL

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a total prick move, I think, but it's usually a spot I don't want any way. In fact, I've seen it countless times and it's never been a spot I wanted. I usually park at end spots only or away from the crowd of parked cars, even in the rain and snow. Even if I drove an old beater, I'd still park there. People have 0 respect for the property of others, no matter how crappy or nice that property is.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey that's me LOL
Nothing funner than taking the ol CJ on 36s and parking it right next to the Vette the guy decided to park 15 spaces out away from everyone. It's even funner when your buddy parks his on the other side!!!
Sorry fella, we didnt want our Jeeps to get door dinged or hit by a stray cart LOL

Glad I'm not the only one.....1/2 ton 1962 Chevy in primer. That 2013 SLK in the outside space is getting company.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey that's me LOL

Glad I'm not the only one.....1/2 ton 1962 Chevy in primer. That 2013 SLK in the outside space is getting company.

I dont park out far to protect either of my cars but doing crap like that ^^^ is so juvenile and in my opinion disrespectful. If you know someone is trying to protect their car and you conscientiously park next to them, then thats just [insert something kind] of you.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
,m

Yes! This is the one that gets me! I've had people see me stop, put on my blinker and they still take their time. I hope it comes back on them someday.

I believe it was the University of Houston but somebody did a study a few years back by looking at parking lot surveillance cams. People getting into their car and leaving averaged 7 secs per occurrence. Cars who were waiting on the parking space for the person to leave averaged 27 secs per occurrence. Tell you anything about the state of our society?

Latest posts

Top Bottom