Pellet Grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Real old school BBQ is a commitment. Love of the process is as important as love of the finished product. Something about telling your guests you spent 18 hours babysitting that pit so they could enjoy the fruits of your passion.

True. I enjoy the results quite a bit, and apparently the rest of the family does too cause it doesn't last long, but I like sleep as well.

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sacrifice you give translates to how much your commitment is in the finished meat. Everyone appreciates sacrifice and hard work. Make BBQ chicken for example and on a different day buy KFC and wait for the comments, dime to a donut your hometown chix is getting rave reviews. Just because you did it.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Real old school BBQ is a commitment. Love of the process is as important as love of the finished product. Something about telling your guests you spent 18 hours babysitting that pit so they could enjoy the fruits of your passion.

Wait till you hit 60+, that commitment may not be as strong.

My boy has my offset now. At 35 he can deal with it. Recently purchased a Smokin-it electric. No one has turned up thier nose on the Q it has produced. Easy peasy for decent Q.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait till you hit 60+, that commitment may not be as strong.

My boy has my offset now. At 35 he can deal with it. Recently purchased a Smokin-it electric. No one has turned up thier nose on the Q it has produced. Easy peasy for decent Q.
I'm 61. Offset and low and slow IS bbq.

Latest posts

Top Bottom