Pellet Grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't buy my pellet cooker cuz I thought I could win a cook off with it. Bought it cuz it's easy and requires very minimal maintenance and babysitting. I have an appreciation for the low n slow pits. Bout everyone on my mothers side of the family hauls to cook offs n such. This sucker cooks plenty good enough for me. My family is eating ribs cooked on it as we speak. May cook some chocolate chip cookies on it in a minute.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. What are yalls favorite pellets? Besides rabbit pellets...
My Traeger has dual meat probes but it did cost more than yours. It's the Pro22. You very well may have gotten a better deal on your brand. My wife likes Hickory pellets the most. We've got 5-6 different ones.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Real old school BBQ is a commitment. Love of the process is as important as love of the finished product. Something about telling your guests you spent 18 hours babysitting that pit so they could enjoy the fruits of your passion.
Then the sumbiatches put BBQ sauce all over everything to wipe out the rubs, and wood selected to enhance the flavor.

I have a traeger pellet grill. I would recommend looking around for another brand. The traeger will barely reach 425 degrees, not near hot enough to properly sear a steak. I've seen some Cabelas models advertize 550 degrees. That's getting closer.
I did a rack of beef ribs on the Traeger today, and had to use the accessory smoker tube as there is no smoke flavor at all in the finished product without it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom