Pellet Grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, Egg is where it's at.
Yep...

IMG_0716.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pit boss will sear over an open flame. For the record. Or smoke. But i appreciate yalls commitment to babysitting a stick burner. Im not going to do it.

This. ^^^

I don't like a super strong smoke flavor, and my neighbor's stickburner does 'em too strong for me. I've made dozens of meals for dozens of folks with my pellet smoker and every scrap gets snarfed up. Even when I'm not happy with the result for one reason or another, my guests are always raving. Personally, I don't need or want to have to babysit it all day, I've got other things I can be doing, and do them. My new thermometer allows me to monitor temperatures of anything I stick a probe in from anywhere in the world in primetime live. Works for me, works for my guests.

It's like building my guns and coloring the rollmarks, or hydrodipping or Cerakoting them. It's for me, not you. ;)

As for searing, I've got plenty of other methods to do that, and I don't typically do steaks on the pellet smoker...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This. ^^^

I don't like a super strong smoke flavor, and my neighbor's stickburner does 'em too strong for me. I've made dozens of meals for dozens of folks with my pellet smoker and every scrap gets snarfed up. Even when I'm not happy with the result for one reason or another, my guests are always raving. Personally, I don't need or want to have to babysit it all day, I've got other things I can be doing, and do them. My new thermometer allows me to monitor temperatures of anything I stick a probe in from anywhere in the world in primetime live. Works for me, works for my guests.

It's like building my guns and coloring the rollmarks, or hydrodipping or Cerakoting them. It's for me, not you. ;)

As for searing, I've got plenty of other methods to do that, and I don't typically do steaks on the pellet smoker...

Snarled up because it was free.....yet I'm sure it was delicious :)

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
C79C3D78-BC7F-48A6-B37E-BC6948E48B97.jpeg
A pretty good compromise tween a pellet BBQ and a stick burner. You can get about 12 hrs burn time with the right charcoal and you can add wood chunks as little or much to suit your taste. No constant tending required and has accessories you can add just like the pellet jobs

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pit boss will sear over an open flame. For the record. Or smoke. But i appreciate yalls commitment to babysitting a stick burner. Im not going to do it.

No babysitting, I run the Flameboss 300 on my Egg. They work in stick burners also. Yes it's worth it, control it's all from my phone, because it's 2018!

https://www.flameboss.com/Flame_Boss_Products

Latest posts

Top Bottom