Pest control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tempo will take care of the issue.
It's what the commercial sprayers use for the most part to spray indoors.
Double the mix for outside spraying. Go a foot or so up the side of the house, a couple of feet away from the house, around windows, doors etc.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like tempo which is beta-cyfluthrin. It's a 4th generation pyrethroid and seems to work very well against almost all critters. It's especially effective against brown recluse spiders as well. I also like deltamethrin wettable powder. It won't degrade in the presence of water so it gives a long lasting effect. You might try it as an outside barrier. It might give you better long term results.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have delt with brown recluse spiders for years and last year when I used Tempo, it knocked their dicks in the dirt. I was finding dozens of them all over the house until last year. No other pests really, just the fiddle backs.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have delt with brown recluse spiders for years and last year when I used Tempo, it knocked their dicks in the dirt. I was finding dozens of them all over the house until last year. No other pests really, just the fiddle backs.

Spiders are hard to kill, especially with liquid sprays. Their bodies are higher off the ground so they don't drag through the poison barrier when moving, also spiders don't groom their legs so they usually wont ingest poison like other critters do when they clean their legs. What you more than likely did was kill off their prey, if they don't have a food source they either die out or move on to a better place.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does any of this apply to red wasps? We have them bad.

I would probably use aerosol wasp spray, most of these can spray pretty far distances, but do this at night as they are less aggressive, pick a colder night if possible. Be sure to destroy the nests or other wasps will move in and use it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does any of this apply to red wasps? We have them bad.
I cured my wasp/yellow jacket problem by moving in a natural preditor, a colony of Purple Martins. No more wasp or yellow jackets.
Spiders are hard to kill, especially with liquid sprays. Their bodies are higher off the ground so they don't drag through the poison barrier when moving, also spiders don't groom their legs so they usually wont ingest poison like other critters do when they clean their legs. What you more than likely did was kill off their prey, if they don't have a food source they either die out or move on to a better place.
Thats interesting because after I spray, I find dead recluse and other spiders. Maybe coincidence? Maybe they starved to death because I killed the food source? lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom