Petition to Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few folk liked the classifieds better when they had the market cornered and could snatch up firearms at special pricing for OSA Family. They would peddle those wares at gun shows etc. and pocket the profits. Once that was became common knowledge it caused a little rift in the family. Some shrugged it off and decided no more special pricing for the OSA Family. We also were under a heavy handed and often times unfair moderation at the same time. Some good members left during the duress. Ownership changed hands a couple of times and that brought along change as well.

Some miss the friends and family communication, support and meet ups of the old OSA community others miss the friends and family pricing of the classifieds.

Changes came with new ownership and some came as a reaction to behavior of some members.

There was some OSA members that would flip guns for a profit on here but I haven't seen them post in a very long time. I try to price my stuff fairly and I don't try and make any money off people. I'm good if I break even. But, there was one time a fellow OSA member loaned me money on a brand new ruger 10/22 I bought with a scope, next weekend he had a table at the gun show and had it up for sale for well over $100 more than what he gave me. That pissed me off.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I miss being able to buy OSA shirts! Mine is about four sizes too small now.

Also, back in the day, there were occasional group buys. Didn't y'all pool together and buy like a pallet of Rugers? I asked someone a couple weeks ago and he said they were $325 in hand, but neither of us could remember if they were SP101s or GP100s.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

I did quite a few group buys for some of the various FB groups I was in over the years . . . mags, binary triggers, dolos takedown kits, etc.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was the Mega lowers and RRA LPK group buy. Don't forget that one :)

(I have a Mega Gator on my AR pistol build, VERY happy with it. NOT from the group buy)

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
There was some OSA members that would flip guns for a profit on here but I haven't seen them post in a very long time. I try to price my stuff fairly and I don't try and make any money off people. I'm good if I break even. But, there was one time a fellow OSA member loaned me money on a brand new ruger 10/22 I bought with a scope, next weekend he had a table at the gun show and had it up for sale for well over $100 more than what he gave me. That pissed me off.

Unless you sell for a loss like me you’re just an amateur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom