Petition to Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few folk liked the classifieds better when they had the market cornered and could snatch up firearms at special pricing for OSA Family. They would peddle those wares at gun shows etc. and pocket the profits. Once that was became common knowledge it caused a little rift in the family. Some shrugged it off and decided no more special pricing for the OSA Family. We also were under a heavy handed and often times unfair moderation at the same time. Some good members left during the duress. Ownership changed hands a couple of times and that brought along change as well.

Some miss the friends and family communication, support and meet ups of the old OSA community others miss the friends and family pricing of the classifieds.

Changes came with new ownership and some came as a reaction to behavior of some members.
And I miss being able to buy OSA shirts! Mine is about four sizes too small now.

Also, back in the day, there were occasional group buys. Didn't y'all pool together and buy like a pallet of Rugers? I asked someone a couple weeks ago and he said they were $325 in hand, but neither of us could remember if they were SP101s or GP100s.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love one of those for that price! hell I'd buy 4 of em and give em out for Christmas!
Should start a petition to get group buys going. I'm sure there would be at least 50, maybe 100 of us willing to go in on them

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I miss being able to buy OSA shirts! Mine is about four sizes too small now.

Also, back in the day, there were occasional group buys. Didn't y'all pool together and buy like a pallet of Rugers? I asked someone a couple weeks ago and he said they were $325 in hand, but neither of us could remember if they were SP101s or GP100s.

I remember one for GP 100. Anderson stripped lowers. Cases of XM93. LEO trade in Rem 870. Group fishing trip. Group hunting trip.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy this group just the way it is. Changes happen and that is usually the result of someone pushing the limit a bit too far. I have met some very nice people here.

It is just so easy to skip over a classified posting that doesn't meet my current want list, and just as easy to skip over a post from someone that has a different opinion and has shown that they have no interest in listening to another view.

Running a forum is a lot like trying to keep a group of kindergarten kids listening to the reading of a book.

Someone nice told me it’s like herding cats...good thing OSA isn’t that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You have one , it is called the ignore button. That way you don't have to put up with my jabs, ya Pokes fan you!!:cool:

I wouldn’t ignore you. Friendly banter and honest difference of opinion are heathy. It’s those guys who have no valid argument and just want to make smart a— comments that I hit the ignore on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just the thought of actually having to "work" anymore gives me the shivers now...the whole responsibility thing, the bottom line, paying bills...nah. No more of that noise for me. Mods have a Ban Button; but we rarely hit it. We have specific guidelines concerning such things. The system software itself normally takes care of that for us anyway, by awarding negative points to people for rules infractions. It's actually a pretty good system; say a member just will NOT abide by the rules, well, he gets dinged. After so many negative dings, he gets a time-out, automatically awarded to him by the software . Now say he's a slow learner and keeps breaking the rules: the system will get triggered and BAM! The ban hammer comers outta the sky, like magic, and he is GONE. Keeps the place clean, and the disgruntled riff-raff drifts off elsewhere.

Cool. Did I earn some points yesterday. I worked real hard at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone nice told me it’s like herding cats...good thing OSA isn’t that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I admined a message board for a sports team for a while, and herding cats is what I was going to say.

Pretty much anytime you delete a post or issue a reminder or warning about a post, you'll hear at least one of these phrases, or some combination of them:

You want to play God.
You are denying my constitutional right to free speech.
You delete anything you don't agree with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom