Phil Robertson suspended from DD for gay comments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
am not sure what free speech has to do with the contracts between the actor and the network. He's probably not even on a W2, but rather a 1099 and isn't directly employed by the network. The Constitutional aspect of this is laughable. Personally I still they're short-sighted as a business for suspending him (he's a minister from the South, is this shocking? Really?), and he's free and entitled to voice his thoughts on Christianity however silly they may be to me. But to say anyone was wronged beyond the employer/contractor involved in the dispute is absurd. This is just a contact law matter. Big. Fawking. Deal. To me an everyone else.

So I guess I am perpetuating it some by talking about it, but I am not aghast by A&E or Phil. I am just amazed so many people have such strong opinions about one way or the other.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glenn Beck said the whole family should write GQ saying they back what Phil said. A&E would essentially have to cave in to their biggest money maker or suspend/fire the whole family. Basically dare A&E to make a stand on money or "principal."

Latest posts

Top Bottom