Phil Robertson suspended from DD for gay comments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've sort of perused this thread, but I haven't really read it. There have been comments about the anus and my own assessment is don't even go there. It's a one way street. I hope this wont be construed as a homophobic comment.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've sort of perused this thread, but I haven't really read it. There have been comments about the anus and my own assessment is don't even go there. It's a one way street. I hope this wont be construed as a homophobic comment.

If you keep trying to go in the exit door it's eventually gonna get slammed in your face. There's a reason it's a waste discharge chute.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a marketing stunt, but some people take this **** too far. If you cant handle TV turn it the **** off. Phil has the I.Q. of honey boo-boo and should not be an example for the masses to follow. it is a scripted TV show. More people care about this dumb **** than serious problems our planet has... I've seen so much hate stem from this event its ridiculous...

Which must be why he has a degree, gets asked to preach all over the country even before the show, and started a very successful business.

Not just one degree either. Dude has a BA in phys ed or some such and a MBA in education. He played starting QB in college on a scholarship and Terry Bradshaw was his backup.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think everyone is missing the REAL issue here. It's not hate speech, it's not racism, its WHAT THE HELL IS PHIL ROBERTSON DOING IN GQ MAGAZINE TO BEGIN WITH?!!?! The man wears camo and walmart sunglasses every day for Christ's sake!

Seriously though....
Am I the only one that is reading this thread and noticing a STARK contrast between the comments in this thread vs the one where Bob Costas expressed his beliefs about guns?

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I remember before I was a teenager when this was getting started on television - it seemed to come from both the news and popular television shows at about the same time; 1st the attacks on the nuclear family as an institution, and a tepid introduction of homosexuality in a positive light. Wow! Look at how far we've come since then! I realise the television networks and news organizations have worked a long time in getting things to where they are today. But I find myself wondering, who owns these organizations? Is it multiple individuals, or just a few people with a hard corps agenda?

Latest posts

Top Bottom