Phil Robertson suspended from DD for gay comments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I admit I have never watched the show, but I thought it was an established fact that the family is deeply religious, so why would anyone be surprised that he paraphrased the bible?

Secondly, I have read his full statement, but yet on the ABC overnight news, the male anchor stated that Phil had also made racist comments along side the anti gay remarks. Did I miss the slur or are they embellishing the story. The anchors body language and speech pattern changed when he read this. I noticed, but part of my job is reading people's body language, so the casual observer might not have noticed.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just realized (I'm slow) the title of this thread could be interpreted another way.
Anyway, I like the show, if it's on I'll watch it, if it's not I won't worry about it. If something else is on A&E I like, I'll watch that regardless of what they do with Duck Dynasty. And I'll still like ole Phil as much as I like anyone I see on tv but don't actually know. And I'll bet ole Phil doesn't give a rat's rear what A&E or anyone else thinks of his belief system.

Now if Phil was to pop off about Bob Stoops........................ :)

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is a marketing stunt, but some people take this **** too far. If you cant handle TV turn it the **** off. Phil has the I.Q. of honey boo-boo and should not be an example for the masses to follow. it is a scripted TV show. More people care about this dumb **** than serious problems our planet has... I've seen so much hate stem from this event its ridiculous...

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I admit I have never watched the show, but I thought it was an established fact that the family is deeply religious, so why would anyone be surprised that he paraphrased the bible?

Secondly, I have read his full statement, but yet on the ABC overnight news, the male anchor stated that Phil had also made racist comments along side the anti gay remarks. Did I miss the slur or are they embellishing the story. The anchors body language and speech pattern changed when he read this. I noticed, but part of my job is reading people's body language, so the casual observer might not have noticed.

Phil On Growing Up in Pre-Civil-Rights-Era Louisiana
“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’-not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a marketing stunt, but some people take this **** too far. If you cant handle TV turn it the **** off. Phil has the I.Q. of honey boo-boo and should not be an example for the masses to follow. it is a scripted TV show. More people care about this dumb **** than serious problems our planet has... I've seen so much hate stem from this event its ridiculous...

Which must be why he has a degree, gets asked to preach all over the country even before the show, and started a very successful business.

What's your avatar say?

I have been wondering that myself. I have been on a new avatar hunt for her but this is the best I could come up with.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Comparing honey boo boo to a college educated and degreed man who invented and patented an item that has turned into a $400 million empire is ridiculous.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Phil has the I.Q. of honey boo-boo and should not be an example for the masses to follow. it is a scripted TV show. More people care about this dumb **** than serious problems our planet has... I've seen so much hate stem from this event its ridiculous...

I'd wager Phil Robertson has a higher IQ than you. Phil is actually quite sharp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom