Pizza? How do you like it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One more time....

Savastano's in Tulsa. Thank me later.

I will definitely try to remember that next time I’m in Tulsa, Scheduled to be there for mountain bike race next month and that would be some solid post ride grub

but kinda like the 2 or 3 decent NY style places around here, and maybe a few other good spots scattered around the state —- The original intent of the debate of Oklahoma being a Chicago (or NY even) style state is flawed when the market is dominated by Domino’s, papa Johns and the like

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked Shakey’s Pizza the best. I worked at the one on NW 39th in OKC. That was in 1974 when I was in high school. We put out a quality pie. If you ordered a pepperoni pizza the top was completely covered in pepperonI. We didn’t just take a couple of pieces of pepperoni and fling them at the pie and hope they landed on it like they do now.

Hank5366

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There used to be an Uno's at 61st and Memorial - not sure if it was connected to Chicago, but the pizza was pretty good.
I ate at that Uno's. It was good! The average large pizza in those days was around $8-9. That "one size only" at Uno's was the size of everyone else's small, and cost $16. I flipped out! Didn't realize how thick that little sucker was though. My friend and I couldn't eat all of it, and in those days I always ordered a large just for myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom