Pizza? How do you like it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I grew up in New Jersey, I prefer my pizza New York style--if you can't fold it, it ain't good! That being said, the best pizza I've ever had--and the only one I had to eat with a fork--was at a family-run pizza restaurant in Manahawkin, NJ. It was a lasagna built, Chicago-style, on a crust in a rectangular baking pan. The slices were about two or three inches thick!
I spent almost a year on the Jersey boardwalk in Asbury park, just down from the Stone Pony in a hotel converted to apartments while at Ft Monmouth NJ.
NY pizza was awesome. We found this guy on the boardwalk that made an 18" supreme that could feed 6-8 people with leftovers. Mountains of ingredients.
At home, when not wanting to cook, we order the Hunt Brothers Supreme with double cheese and double italian peppers. It's decent, but for our favorite, it's french bread pizza we make with a loaf of french bread.
Slice longwise, cut into 8" sections, hollow out the interior, fill with marinara, and all the good stuff you like, top with a mountain of cheese and put in the oven to bake.
Incredibly tasty.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pizza Corral is definitely the best in the area. Fact is a really good pie ain’t cheap, like $35-$40 for a 14” and a lotta folks in SW Oklahoma don’t have that kind of cash to be dropping on a pizza. Heck, Lawton has lost at least 4 restaurants just this past year that were mainstays not to mention retailer after retailer. The empty buildings one after another in twin is just sad.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thin crust pepperoni with pineapple

I don't necessarily "mind" pineapple on a pizza, but I would personally never order one. I do prefer thin crust over thick on any kind of pizza.

I went to lunch with a guy once at Mazzios. The waitress came to take our order and he said, "how 'bout a large, thin crust pepperoni with extra cheese." Then he looked at me and asked, "what are you having?

Latest posts

Top Bottom