Pizza? How do you like it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll second the air fryer for reheating pizza, but everybody except Little Caesar's out-pizzas the Hut.

Domino's is the absolute WORST.

Luigi's is my favorite, atmosphere. Subject to change at any time.
Godfather's is pretty dang good.
Shakey's was tops for a long time. Wish they were still around.

Pizza is one of those wonder foods. Even bad ones are usually pretty good.

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be an Uno's at 61st and Memorial - not sure if it was connected to Chicago, but the pizza was pretty good.
Maybe the issue is the pizza itself. To me the "Chicago" style pizza is this, and I don't recall anything like this in Oklahoma, wide spread enough to say that Oklahoman's prefer Chicago style.
1706021510245.png

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, pizza is pizza is pizza. As long as it does not have spinich and Alfredo sauce on it.

I must say if I'm alone and ordering a pizza for myself, I kinda like BBQ chicken or good ol' supreme.
In New England we had Greek Style pizza.
The crust was made and proofed in a metal ran instead of stretched. It was lighter and fluffier than New York pizza, more like Focaccia bread.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the issue is the pizza itself. To me the "Chicago" style pizza is this, and I don't recall anything like this in Oklahoma, wide spread enough to say that Oklahoman's prefer Chicago style.
View attachment 447372
Yeah, lots of places sell a deep dish or pan pizza, but I’m only aware of two places in Oklahoma that sell actual Chicago-style pizza with the sauce on top, and they’re both in Tulsa. (Can’t say I’ve tried either yet, though.) Dunno how they figured us for a Chicago-style state when you can count the number of Chicago-style pizzerias on one hand…

Latest posts

Top Bottom