Pledge of Allegiance removed from OU undergraduate congressional agenda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
are people actually mad it's not being said, or for the reasoning given?

It likely wouldn't take much hunting to find all kinds of instances where the pledge isn't said. But because it's being removed, well...

Gotta love college campus debates.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure looks like it.

Edit: I think I see what Dale means now. Maybe there are coincidences within other coincidences flanked by still others in one massive coincidental whole?

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a rep for the OU graduate congress for a couple years. Almost all were foreign born students. A lot weren’t even US citizens. I’d assume the undergrad. Probably has a Like share of them also.
So it’s not too surprising that the pledge isn’t said.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a rep for the OU graduate congress for a couple years. Almost all were foreign born students. A lot weren’t even US citizens. I’d assume the undergrad. Probably has a Like share of them also.
So it’s not too surprising that the pledge isn’t said.
Eh, when I was an undergrad, the commuter students (around 75% of OU's undergrad population at the time) like me mostly figured that the only point of "student government" was to keep the Greeks out of trouble by keeping them busy. Nobody but the first semester freshmen and Greeks gave a flying fig about "student government." Most of the people I knew thought it was a big joke with a really bad punchline.

Latest posts

Top Bottom