Police add mine resistant military vehicles to fleets around Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But more importantly, will somebody explain why the **** a police department needs a ****ing MRAP to perform their duties?

Good question, but when it comes down to it cops, just like us, are gear whores. You and I would have an MRAP in the garage if someone laid it at our feet and gave us a cheap bill for it, add in the kicker that you get to pay for it with someone else's money and, boom!, MRAPs for everyone up in here!

That whole malice vs. stupidity thing...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is there not a maintenance agreement that come with these vehicles?
How much are the departments going to have to seize in order to replace the tires?
Who bears the cost of maintenance, which is a **** ton more than the bargain basement price of admission?

But more importantly, will somebody explain why the **** a police department needs a ****ing MRAP to perform their duties?

Same reason they need all the other military type things; apc's, flash bangs, full auto weapons, helicoptors, airplanes, grenades, dogs that attack, military type uniforms.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Per predictions this will be answered soon. :lookaroun

Yes, perhaps I should have included "legitimately" to my question.

Good question, but when it comes down to it cops, just like us, are gear whores. You and I would have an MRAP in the garage if someone laid it at our feet and gave us a cheap bill for it, add in the kicker that you get to pay for it with someone else's money and, boom!, MRAPs for everyone up in here!

That whole malice vs. stupidity thing...

Heck yeah, I would take one. However, I am not a police officer, and I sure as hell dont need one to do my "job", although deliveries would be more interesting.

MRAPS.....Meh.......They still have to get out........

Exactly part of my point.

Same reason they need all the other military type things; apc's, flash bangs, full auto weapons, helicoptors, airplanes, grenades, dogs that attack, military type uniforms.

And that would be what?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just to clarify

ci·vil·ian
səˈvilyən/
noun
a person not in the armed services or the police force.
synonyms: noncombatant, nonmilitary person, ordinary citizen, private citizen; More
informal
a person who is not a member of a particular profession or group, as viewed by a member of that group.
"I talk to a lot of actresses and they say that civilians are scared of them"
adjective
adjective: civilian
of, denoting, or relating to a person not belonging to the armed services or police.
"military agents in civilian clothes"
synonyms: noncombatant, nonmilitary person, ordinary citizen, private citizen; More
Origin

late Middle English (denoting a practitioner of civil law): from Old French civilien, in the phrase droit civilien ‘civil law.’ The current sense arose in the early 19th cent.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are the civilian branch of the military, I guess. They even use military rank. What happened to Deputy, marshall, detective, inspector, constable, officer, patrolmen.

Im guessing they went the way of Peace Officer.

Look, I am not against the police having the tools they need to do their job. Certainly this is going to have a crossover with military type equipment. However, short of attacking a well armed ( read explosive capable) force or moving personnel through an area thus described, there is no legitimate reason for a local police force to operate an MRAP type vehicle.
As someone posted earlier, at some point you gotta get out and serve the warrant, do the search.

Would an MRAP be the tits for evacuating personnel while under fire? It sure as hell would be; as long as mobility and speed are not major considerations. Well, unless the plan is to drive through the structure so you dont have to turn around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom