Power outage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was on the news this morning that OGE was saying the peak power is very close to being reached and in the days ahead, if folks don't cut back on usage, they will have to use some area blackouts.

That is correct. What TJay was saying is that what happened last night was not rolling blackouts but an issue where a substation had an issue with the transmission line feeding it. With this heat and people leaving their AC's running full blast when they are not home, they are creating additional load that really is not necessary. If people don't wise up and cut back their use especially while not at home, then there is a possibility of rolling blackouts.

This heat is causing lots of problems in this area. Texas and PSO/AEP is having problems as well.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is correct. What TJay was saying is that what happened last night was not rolling blackouts but an issue where a substation had an issue with the transmission line feeding it. With this heat and people leaving their AC's running full blast when they are not home, they are creating additional load that really is not necessary. If people don't wise up and cut back their use especially while not at home, then there is a possibility of rolling blackouts.

This heat is causing lots of problems in this area. Texas and PSO/AEP is having problems as well.

Yes, I understand that. FWIW I programmed my thermostat to turn up to 95 at 6:30 am when I leave to 7:00 pm, it doesnt run all day and only takes a couple hours to cool back down to a comfy 76 or so. I do it untill 7:00 because thats the end of the peak hour and they charge 4x more durring peak hours of 3:00-7:00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom