Prayer Request.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. I am also sure that the scumbag that killed your nephew is sorry too. I hope he spends years in prison but I know he needs prayers too.

Will pray for you all.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. I am also sure that the scumbag that killed your nephew is sorry too. I hope he spends years in prison but I know he needs prayers too.

Will pray for you all.
I have thought about this all day. I do not know for a fact, but I am hearing that it was a 19 year old kid that hit him. He made a bad decision that I also made at that age. All it takes is one time. I do not drink and drive and I have not for many years. I can not say that I never did. I could have put myself in the same place. If it is a kid that made a mistake, that is one thing. If it is a drunk who has been pulled over drunk before, that is another. I know that this kid will have to live with this forever. I have also prayed for him today.
Please do not drink and drive. It is not worth it.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have known too many people that killed themselves along with others by drinking and driving. I caused a drunk driving accident and lucky for me no one was hurt. It was the low point in my life.

Three years ago i went to the funeral of a friends 17 year old daughter. Her drinking killed another friend of mine that had been disabled many years ago in an accident caused by his drunk friend that was driving.

My brother was in two drunk driving accidents, the first one our friend Allen died, Allen was the drunk driver. When the hospital contacted my parents they told my parents they had better hurry if they want to see their son alive. Fourteen days in a coma and more than a year recovering from his head injury. The second he was the drunk and he almost died again. It took him almost thirty more years to quit drinking and driving.

Three friends were killed 25 years ago. My friend Jim was drunk and his brother Larry and cousin Tim and Tim's girlfriend all died. They rearended another friend on a country road going 110mph and that friend is lucky to be alive.

There are others.

I have prayed for all of them and their familys.

I quit drinking in 1996. It wasn't fun anymore.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have thought about this all day. I do not know for a fact, but I am hearing that it was a 19 year old kid that hit him. He made a bad decision that I also made at that age. All it takes is one time. I do not drink and drive and I have not for many years. I can not say that I never did. I could have put myself in the same place. If it is a kid that made a mistake, that is one thing. If it is a drunk who has been pulled over drunk before, that is another. I know that this kid will have to live with this forever. I have also prayed for him today.
Please do not drink and drive. It is not worth it.

Mistake my ass, it's a selfish, stupid, narcissistic choice that as this situation(and too many others) show can have horrible irreparable results. I know because I have to admit(with shame) that I made it in my youth. Luckily and thank God nothing bad ever came from it.
And while in my youth If caught I would have likely seen it as a simply a mistake to be forgiven(childish, selfish me). Now I see it much differently because of things I've seen, and things like you had to post today.
Since I've not lost anyone to it and can only imagine the pain your family is going through, but I know it must be horrid and I came to the realization long ago that I did not want to face myself knowing I had caused others such pain and taken so much from them just to have a good time, as you said "it's not worth it", nobody's fun is worth even the chance of causing someone else such pain and loss. The only thing worse than the pain drinking and driving can cause is the hypocrisy and lack of accountability it's often treated with.

Peace and prayers to you and yours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom