Prep for a quarantine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can wipe your ass on sticks, and leaves, and grass. The food comes first. That's where that Sam's Club membership comes in handy. Just don't shake hands with anyone down there.

Food is one of the most important but you can fish, hunt, grow or even eat bugs. Toilet paper is THE most important. Trust me while you can use leaves, grass, etc it is not fun and they are hard to store in your bathroom provided you still have working plumbing. Face it, it is a shi%%y prep but someone's got to do it. :P

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to run away from home a lot as a kid and you will be surprised how little food you really need to survive. And you do not poop all that often when in a survival mode and eating just enough to stay alive.

But you guys are not talking that kind of survival.
2 weeks is as long as I was out no contact with anyone and only a small creek to get food and water from.
I lived in a hole I dug with a spoon.
Took fishing line and hooks, matches and a knife.
My hole I dug I made a door over it with sticks and twigs leaves and vines.
Like a trap door spider.
Ate frogs crawdads and perch. Caught a large snapping turtle and thought I am eating good tonight.

Very Small fire just enough to cook your food.
Well that snapping turtle done me in ...I got salmonella.. Tried to shake the fever and cruddy feeling lack of energy for 3 or 4 days but had to call it quits and I went to a friends house.
He said I looked like crap... Yea felt like it too.

I had to go home. I was in the 7th grade at the time.
No one knew where I was.
Good times :)

Note to self: Turtles need cooked all the way through for a long time not rare or medium rare.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember a guy that fished at the river below lock 16 and had a push mower with a pulley instead of the blade with an automotive alternator spinning while the mower was running.
He powered some 500 watt halogen flood lights and other things all night with it.
Little car battery mounted on the frame also.

I have always wanted to build one..I have all the parts laying around to build probably 3 of them.
Poor boy generator. I have 2 inverters to go with the deal.
a 1200 watt and a 4000 watt. I have about 900 watts of solar panels also. need to get a controller.

I have only 1 gas generator and it does work.. an old sears from probably the 60's or 70's.

Not that you need electricity.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We keep a good supply of water stored. We also have all kinds of water purification gizmos including UV lights. We have at least 60 days worth of MRE type meals and what ever is in the pantry. We don't have much in gold or silver but, we're rich in ready to serve lead. Also have 3 generators and plenty of gas cans and several shortwave radios. I hope we never really need it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom