Prep for a quarantine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a chest freezer full of stuff for over a year. Have not bought tp in over a year as well and still have about 30 rolls left. The only thing I need to worry about is getting a bag of dog food and even then the dog will eat other stuff as well and be happy for it. Bought a respirator and a set of filters for a just in case and will probably still use it for other stuff I do anyway. Got a good deal on it all too now that the same thing is going for about twice what I paid for it on Amazon now. A neighbor wanted to buy one and I guess couldn't get the order to go through yesterday, she is also staying home from work for whatever reason today. I told her that you can't stop living your life over what might happen, it's not like she can call in for the next 6 months to a year.

Still a lot of nimrods out there who are going to be hoarding stuff. I can bet a lot of people who bought respirators will never use them and probably bought more than they need especially on the filters. I can also bet the prep food kits have been flying off the shelves when all they need to do is buy a bunch of ramen noodles for as long as this is going to be an issue.

And here is some more stupid... https://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-worl...nt-buy-corona-due-to-coronavirus-study-shows/

Do need to get a sams club membership again sometime. My wife and I would switch off who was the "card holder" and cash in on their discounts all the time. If anyone needs one as well and wants to split it with me hit me up. Can do the same thing and one of us gets the main card the other can have the secondary, then switch next year.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a chest freezer full of stuff for over a year. Have not bought tp in over a year as well and still have about 30 rolls left. The only thing I need to worry about is getting a bag of dog food and even then the dog will eat other stuff as well and be happy for it. Bought a respirator and a set of filters for a just in case and will probably still use it for other stuff I do anyway. Got a good deal on it all too now that the same thing is going for about twice what I paid for it on Amazon now. A neighbor wanted to buy one and I guess couldn't get the order to go through yesterday, she is also staying home from work for whatever reason today. I told her that you can't stop living your life over what might happen, it's not like she can call in for the next 6 months to a year.

Still a lot of nimrods out there who are going to be hoarding stuff. I can bet a lot of people who bought respirators will never use them and probably bought more than they need especially on the filters. I can also bet the prep food kits have been flying off the shelves when all they need to do is buy a bunch of ramen noodles for as long as this is going to be an issue.

And here is some more stupid... https://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-worl...nt-buy-corona-due-to-coronavirus-study-shows/

Do need to get a sams club membership again sometime. My wife and I would switch off who was the "card holder" and cash in on their discounts all the time. If anyone needs one as well and wants to split it with me hit me up. Can do the same thing and one of us gets the main card the other can have the secondary, then switch next year.

That is playing it smart. Only buy stuff you will use normally that way if nothing bad happens you will still use it. The only "survival" foods we have are one bucket thing Annie gave us a few years ago and one I ran across on close out at Walmart one night. I figure a weeks worth of meals was worth $5.

My preps are all what I call real life preps. Power goes out I can run the gen for a few days until it is back up. Never takes longer than that here. In fact usually a few hours but I like to be ready.

Food, only stuff we normally eat except for those 2 bucket things. TP, buy a large packet when we shop. Med supplies, I have a lot of bandages and stuff from when I had the chest tubes. Meds we buy a 90 day supply a little early and let it build up.

Personally I do not see the coronavirus being any worse in the US than a regular flu season, but in other countries it could be and that may cause us problems since so much food, etc is imported anymore. I do not see a need to retreat to a bunker and yet I am not dumb enough to think it can not effect me. As my grandfather use to say, "Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it."

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Washington state health officials give coronavirus guidance: 'Don't panic, get prepared'

"Most cases are mild and may not even require any health care, he said. However, residents should still practice more hand washing, less face touching and less social interaction whenever possible. Working remotely, staying home if you feel sick, and having a stockpile of medication and food will help contain the illness.

Those who are over the age of 60-65, along with anyone who has chronic lung issues or a weakened immune system, must be hypervigilant, as they are the ones who are most at risk. Duchin advised that pregnant women also exercise caution."

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-washington-state-update

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looked on a can of Lysol, says it kills the Coronavirus. So they can put something in a product to kill it but dont have a cure for humans:anyone:
It's the gahdam burdensome approval process. The FDA is still dragging its feet when it comes to injecting people with Lysol. Come on gummint, give Lysol a chance!

Latest posts

Top Bottom