Prep for a quarantine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick, Just go to GC, I'm sure its the safest place to be eating.
iu

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to run away from home a lot as a kid and you will be surprised how little food you really need to survive. And you do not poop all that often when in a survival mode and eating just enough to stay alive.

But you guys are not talking that kind of survival.
2 weeks is as long as I was out no contact with anyone and only a small creek to get food and water from.
I lived in a hole I dug with a spoon.
Took fishing line and hooks, matches and a knife.
My hole I dug I made a door over it with sticks and twigs leaves and vines.
Like a trap door spider.
Ate frogs crawdads and perch. Caught a large snapping turtle and thought I am eating good tonight.

Very Small fire just enough to cook your food.
Well that snapping turtle done me in ...I got salmonella.. Tried to shake the fever and cruddy feeling lack of energy for 3 or 4 days but had to call it quits and I went to a friends house.
He said I looked like crap... Yea felt like it too.

I had to go home. I was in the 7th grade at the time.
No one knew where I was.
Good times :)

Note to self: Turtles need cooked all the way through for a long time not rare or medium rare.

Ha! my Dad was an Arkansas hillbilly, told me about an Indian family that lived on the next ridge. He used to hunt and fish with the boys. One night they caught a big snapper and the Indians wanted it. Dad and his brothers didn't. Went over to their cabin a few days later and he asked about the turtle, they said it wasn't ready yet and showed him the rain barrel they had put it in after they killed it. Indian boy said they don't cook it until it floats. It had been in there for at least 2 days my Dad said. This was back in early '30s

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, Just go to GC, I'm sure its the safest place to be eating.
iu

Nope. In a really bad outbreak we will be staying home as much as is possible. Which is why we buy as much canned goods as we can when it is on sale. I am sure Madam Fiffy's Food Boutique will have a sale on Tofu, hummus, kippers, etc soon so you can stock up too.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's that black plastic thing you have your thumb on attached to the key ring?

I found you can rub the can top fast and hard on a flat rock or concrete and open it pretty quick.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. In a really bad outbreak we will be staying home as much as is possible. Which is why we buy as much canned goods as we can when it is on sale. I am sure Madam Fiffy's Food Boutique will have a sale on Tofu, hummus, kippers, etc soon so you can stock up too.
There's a really bad break out alright, a pandemic of stupid. Anyone who believes this ****... Corona virus is fake news.

Latest posts

Top Bottom