price gouging and sellers market.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love how all of the whining folks are doing about gouging is drowned out by those whining about the free market. Who here has asked for legislation to regulate the price of guns? No one - that's who (it's a straw-man argument - much like using the "you're against free speech if you're against folks who call out the gougers"). Legislation is actually what is driving these prices up (specifically Dianne Feinstein's bill) in the first place - so the irony is that those of us griping about gouging (on this board especially), aren't for government manipulation of a market... we're against it.

You had to apply for membership on this board, and thus you as members are subject to the rules of the board. Our members are free to say what they want within the guidelines of the rules of this specific board (part of which is looking out for other members - including newer members who may not know better than to pay too much for something that they can still get for regular prices).

This isn't just a classified/exchange, it's a community and those members who feel like talking about the price (whether praising or bitching) are free to do so within the rules. I don't agree with crapping on someone's ad, but some of the ads are crapping in the middle of our community. Go do that on Gunbroker, Facebook, or Craigs List instead of the very place where you learned how to build that gun, got the parts for a good deal out of pity from a member who took you under his/her wing, and where you look for advice on a regular basis.

I don't see why we have threads on either side of the argument to be honest. Just PM members to warn them against those who would $#!+ where they eat and be done with it.

Stuff like this is why I hang out 95% of the time in the gear section or on Blade Forums. It always brings out the worst in people.

Exactly. The board is being devided and soo. Enough there are going to be 2 prices on every item.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magpul sells to 5 distributors, retailers don't pay $8. Even the Pmags we sold for $10 cost us $9 and they were on sale.

It's still 4 pieces of plastic and spring ... $.99 Hot Wheels have more parts in it.

Brownell's mags (NSN 1005-01-561-7200) cost military $7.61/ea and there is at least 1.5 million of them.
PMAGs (NSN 1005-01-576-5159) cost military $10.15/ea and who knows how many is out there.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's still 4 pieces of plastic and spring ... $.99 Hot Wheels have more parts in it.

Brownell's mags (NSN 1005-01-561-7200) cost military $7.61/ea and there is at least 1.5 million of them.
PMAGs (NSN 1005-01-576-5159) cost military $10.15/ea and who knows how many is out there.

Gee, if we were military we could buy mags at $7.61. You should start your own business and sell pmags for $10, you'd get rich.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand the pricing on the PMags. I mean, the prices shot up pretty substantially. What is driving everyone to get them? The military is no longer allowing them to be used, so those who are high speed low drag now have to switch to metal mags. It's no longer tacticool to own PMags. That in itself should have flooded the market with mags from all of the "operators" out there who now have to switch because it's no longer mil-spec. Shouldn't we instead be having a thread about PMags being worthless and tons of them being available? Or didn't the message get to some because they are out practicing their techniques?:pms2:

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gee, if we were military we could buy mags at $7.61. You should start your own business and sell pmags for $10, you'd get rich.

lmmfao!!!

Aint this the truth!!!!

I would have to sell 33 pmags to make 30 bucks!!!

I remember when I bought a case of very good ASC mags, I adveritised them for 11.98 + tax = 13.00 out the door.

I would have made a whopping 1.58 each. No one bought any, and I even got PM's telling me that was too much.

Yall can kiss my ass. lmmfao!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom