Pros and Cons of quick detach suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Im surprised at the initial amount of direct thread fans (for rifles at least). Do most of you shoot bolt guns, or..? Id never want to run an ar with a bare muzzle (or a thread protector, etc). Ive never had a suppressor come.off unless i want it off. You must be diligent in assuring everything on your rifle is properly assembled before shooting. I thought that was firearms 101? I use yhm and asr pattern qd options depending on caliber. Both have muzzle devices with proper threading available for under $100.
It doesn't matter. Only range queens care whether a suppressor is QD or not.
Carrying a suppressed gun for work? The suppressor never comes off until it's time to clean or go back into the arms room or something.

Last edited:

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Sakr 762 QD. I love that I can move it to my bolt Ruger 308 and then to my AR 223 or 300BLK. It ratchets on the adapter very tight never had a problem with it loosening on it's own. I did have a problem getting to twist off as it is designed once. I learned to give the attachment ratchet a little gun oil before putting it on. I have one of those Velcro insulating wraps so it can be manipulated when hot......however I learned after several shots it tends to slide up until it is overhanging the end..........blew it off one time into a pond accidently.......learned to keep an eye on it

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dead air sandman L is quick detach. It is super easy to attach and remove and once it’s on it ain’t moving. To me, dead air makes the best mounting system out there for QD. I also think their cans are among the best. I have no complaints about mine and I plan to get more in the future. But the down side is having multiple muzzle devices. My 9mm can I made via form 1 is direct thread. I much prefer QD.

Latest posts

Top Bottom