Pulled over today by OHP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went pretty smooth! Gave him my CCW license and said I think you need to see this first sir. He said yes sir I do, then asked where it was. He told me to remove it from my holster with my left hand and put it in the center console. He had 1 other car pulled over at the same time, so while he went to get her license, he had me sit in the front seat of his car. Gave me a warning(clocked at 8 over) and told me to keep my eye on my speed better and have a safe trip. Was kinda funny, my wife had asked me about an hour earlier into the drive what I was supposed to do if I were to be pulled over while carrying. :thumbup3: She didn't really understand what was happening at the time, so me going back to sit in his car sorta upset her, but she gets it now. It was for his safety and peace of mind.

Slamfire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(clocked at 8 over)

That's BS...what about speedo error?
The reason they want you to sit in their for the most part is to see if they can smell any alcohol on you.
At least he was okay about the gun thing.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a kinda different question that pertains to this?
If you put your weapon in the console, and then leave someone else in the car, wife ,son . Would that make them in posession of the weapon?

I had two guns ,one on me the other in the glove box.
County Sheriff said leave the one in the glove box, my son ,wife and a friend
(who dont have CCL's stayed in the truck).
No problems ..just wondering. Thanks

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a kinda different question that pertains to this?
If you put your weapon in the console, and then leave someone else in the car, wife ,son . Would that make them in posession of the weapon?

This is something I always find funny. The LEO will leave the pistol with someone unlicensed in the car but will take the licensee out of the car. I understand the Officer safety issue but I will never understand, trading one safety for another. I'm guessing it is just a training thing. Somebody really needs to reinforce to these officers that they are no more safe by removing the licensee when they leave someone else in the car.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I beleive that since you are in police presence then it really wouldnt matter, it would be pretty obvious that you were the one in possesion, where as none of them actually are...

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(clocked at 8 over)

That's BS...what about speedo error?
The reason they want you to sit in their for the most part is to see if they can smell any alcohol on you.
At least he was okay about the gun thing.

To be completely honest, I was speeding. I thought I was closer to 5 over, but I was completely in the wrong. Was I tearing ass down the road? No, but I was definitely not applying brakes going down that little hill like I should have been. I was curious myself about leaving my pistol in the center console, while my wife was sitting right next to it. The whole thing didn't bother me. I was happy he was nice enough to give me a warning and recommend I slow down. I drove with the cruise control on the rest of the day :angry3:

Retops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was pulled over when my pikepass failed to read and told the trooper that I had a permit and was carrying. He just said thanks, and asked where I was heading. I said "gun show". He laughed and said "I should have known." Cool guy.

Slamfire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one time I was pulled over by my local county sheriff and informed him I was armed he was very cool.
At least the LEO's seem to not have a big problem with people and their rights under the Oklahoma self defense act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom