Pulled over today by OHP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i don't.

if you have nothing to hide, then definitely do NOT consent to a search.

If you have the right NOT to consent to a search, then don't.

Maybe you don't know the law as well as you think you do, and you think you have nothing to hide... consenting to a search is a bad way to find out just how little you know.

You have no obligation on the side of the road to make the officer feel better about you by consenting to a search.

What good can come of it for you? If you have nothing to hide, and you refuse the search, then you're in the same place as if you consent and nothing is found.... BUT....

If the officer finds something * anything * that can be used against you, then the only thing you've possibly done is provided the officer with a chance to use your stupidity against you.

Think about it. The officer isn't digging around your car looking for something to prove your innocence!!!! If you consent to a search you've just give the officer free roam to try and find something to prove your GUILT, not your INNOCENCE.

People who DO have something to hide, often consent to a search under the mindset of "if i say yes, then the officer will feel more at ease and either not really search my car, or not find anything"....

Saying YES to consent to search is the exact reaction of someone hiding something. Don't believe me, go on a few ride along's... or just listen to the stories your cop buddies tell at the dinner table. (nobody said criminals are smart.)

Thank you.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have the right to refuse a search. USUALLY having a CCL vindicates you from being judged as an unsavory character because you have to undergo an extensive background check to get your CCL.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Langston 302. It is fully within my right to have a lawyer present to witness the search. My uncle was a PO for over 30 years here in Oklahoma, so I know what legal and not legal when it comes to traffic stops and vehicle searches. My uncle makes it a point for everyone in my family to know what an cop can and cannot do in everyday situations. I always treat officers with respect as long as the show it back. Majority of the times I have been pulled over, the officers are a-holes from the beginning when I have done nothing to earn that disrespect. I have gotten a lot of B.S. tickets and have went so far as to have cameras and a recording device installed in certain areas in my car. They have so far saved me over a $1000 in fines and a felony on my record due to a crooked cop illegally searching my car and planting weed in my center console. This is why I ask the question above.

Really??? In what State Statute title does it give you the right to have a lawyer present on a lawful search?

OH MY GAWD!!!!! THIS IS FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!

Tell you what, you get pulled over and try that story...let me know how that works out for ya....
you have no idea what is the hell you are talking about do you....?

You sir, are a complete idiot.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tee hee ... these threads are not only entertaining (if all you have to do is laundry and dishes) they are also predictable.

I wanna see the statute that allows you to have legal representation present at search also. There are a BUNCH of criminal defense lawyers out there who are gonna be impressed when I show it to them ... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom