Pulled over today by OHP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blurplers

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a question that maybe you all can answer. If I was to get pulled over in a similar situation to the one above and I gave the officer my CCW license straight from the get go, does that give him the right (probable cause) to search your car? I have had problems in the past with cops wanting to search my car when the didn't have probable cause. (They ask if the can search my car, I ask do you have probable cause or some reason you want to search my car, They say no, I say Then NO, you cannot search my car without my lawyer and another civilian present to witness the search. Thats when the shut up and right my normal speeding ticket and tell me to slow it down and have a good day. As I am driving off I give them the finger.):pissed:

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats very professional of you to give the finger as you drive off. I can ask to search every car I stop if I want too. I dont need a CCL to give me probable cause. You can either refuse or agree. If I have good PC such as I smell weed or you appear intoxicated I can call a dog to go around your car and you have no choice in the matter. Hope that answers your question.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a question that maybe you all can answer. If I was to get pulled over in a similar situation to the one above and I gave the officer my CCW license straight from the get go, does that give him the right (probable cause) to search your car? I have had problems in the past with cops wanting to search my car when the didn't have probable cause. (They ask if the can search my car, I ask do you have probable cause or some reason you want to search my car, They say no, I say Then NO, you cannot search my car without my lawyer and another civilian present to witness the search. Thats when the shut up and right my normal speeding ticket and tell me to slow it down and have a good day. As I am driving off I give them the finger.):pissed:

If you have nothing to hide whats it hurt to say yes. Maybe if you cooperated you would get a warning and not a ticket.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

:uhh: There's your sign. :P

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a question that maybe you all can answer. If I was to get pulled over in a similar situation to the one above and I gave the officer my CCW license straight from the get go, does that give him the right (probable cause) to search your car?no it does not.... I have had problems in the past with cops wanting to search my car when the didn't have probable cause.if they are asking to search your car there is a reason (They ask if the can search my car, I ask do you have probable cause or some reason you want to search my caryour right to ask, They say noI wouldnt ask if I didnt have a reason too, I say Then NO, you cannot search my car without my lawyer and another civilian present to witness the search.If I am searching your car the only other witnesses will be other officers I call in and maybe somebody in your jackwagon with ya, you sure as hell aint getting what you want outta the deal Thats when the shut up and right my normal speeding ticket and tell me to slow it down and have a good day. As I am driving off I give them the finger.)good way to make enemies that you really dont want there smart guy:pissed:

LMFAO.....dudes like you make me smile

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have nothing to hide whats it hurt to say yes. Maybe if you cooperated you would get a warning and not a ticket.

Because I don't want to have to put everything back where it belongs and don't want any damage to the car. Very few officers would do that, but it has happened. Once you give them permission they can take the car apart if they want.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Was the bought used, are you absolutley possitive that no questionable friends left anything behind in your car that you could get you into trouble?
I thought this had been taken care of in some bill, that an officer cannot search a vehicle just because they feel like it will make them safer.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was the bought used, are you absolutley possitive that no questionable friends left anything behind in your car that you could get you into trouble?
I thought this had been taken care of in some bill, that an officer cannot search a vehicle just because they feel like it will make them safer.

Maybe you need new friends if your worried about them leaving something in your car that you can get in trouble for. If the police asked to search my car I would say sure I have nothing to hide.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You let them search your car you at minimum will have all of your stuff strewn about the side of the road and an hour out of your day wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom