Pulled over today by OHP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
threads like these, and some of the responses are indicative of the trend
toward uselessness, regarding this and other OSA forum sections

Blurplers

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats very professional of you to give the finger as you drive off. I can ask to search every car I stop if I want too. I dont need a CCL to give me probable cause. You can either refuse or agree. If I have good PC such as I smell weed or you appear intoxicated I can call a dog to go around your car and you have no choice in the matter. Hope that answers your question.

I know its not professional to give them the finger. But than again I'm not the one who is supposed to be professional. Its not a business interview. lol. But let me clarify my question. If I give the officer my CCW license from the beginning of the traffic stop and the officer does not have probable cause to search the car, does that give him the right to search my car without my permission?.

Langston 302. It is fully within my right to have a lawyer present to witness the search. My uncle was a PO for over 30 years here in Oklahoma, so I know what legal and not legal when it comes to traffic stops and vehicle searches. My uncle makes it a point for everyone in my family to know what an cop can and cannot do in everyday situations. I always treat officers with respect as long as the show it back. Majority of the times I have been pulled over, the officers are a-holes from the beginning when I have done nothing to earn that disrespect. I have gotten a lot of B.S. tickets and have went so far as to have cameras and a recording device installed in certain areas in my car. They have so far saved me over a $1000 in fines and a felony on my record due to a crooked cop illegally searching my car and planting weed in my center console. This is why I ask the question above.

Because I don't want to have to put everything back where it belongs and don't want any damage to the car. Very few officers would do that, but it has happened. Once you give them permission they can take the car apart if they want.
I completely agree with you. another reason I don't ever give them permission to search my car. If they don't have probable cause they wouldn't ask you in the first place. if they want to search it, get a search warrant first and my lawyer.
I am not trying to be a jerk in any way, but my experiences with POs have not been good for the most part. I respect and appreciate all the good our POs do everyday.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. They have so far saved me over a $1000 in fines and a felony on my record due to a crooked cop illegally searching my car and planting weed in my center console. This is why I ask the question
please post some proof that happened. i find it hard to believe

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't.

if you have nothing to hide, then definitely do NOT consent to a search.

If you have the right NOT to consent to a search, then don't.

Maybe you don't know the law as well as you think you do, and you think you have nothing to hide... consenting to a search is a bad way to find out just how little you know.

You have no obligation on the side of the road to make the officer feel better about you by consenting to a search.

What good can come of it for you? If you have nothing to hide, and you refuse the search, then you're in the same place as if you consent and nothing is found.... BUT....

If the officer finds something * anything * that can be used against you, then the only thing you've possibly done is provided the officer with a chance to use your stupidity against you.

Think about it. The officer isn't digging around your car looking for something to prove your innocence!!!! If you consent to a search you've just give the officer free roam to try and find something to prove your GUILT, not your INNOCENCE.

People who DO have something to hide, often consent to a search under the mindset of "if i say yes, then the officer will feel more at ease and either not really search my car, or not find anything"....

Saying YES to consent to search is the exact reaction of someone hiding something. Don't believe me, go on a few ride along's... or just listen to the stories your cop buddies tell at the dinner table. (nobody said criminals are smart.)

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle was a PO for over 30 years here in Oklahoma, so I know what legal and not legal when it comes to traffic stops and vehicle searches. My uncle makes it a point for everyone in my family to know what an cop can and cannot do in everyday situations.

Instant credibility loss.

Whenever I hear someone say they are a CJ major or a cop's relative so they know what cops can and can't do, I instantly know they have no idea what they are talking about.

You may as well have said you've watched a lot of "Cops" or "CSI".........

Michael Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom