Question about End of Days, Rapture, Tribulation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Think of it from this point of view. Arabs trace their ancestry back to Abraham through Ishmael. Christians and Jews trace theirs back through Isaac to Abraham.

Abraham had one god

Good answer....except for the "Thou shall have no other God before me". That kinda implies there are other Gods. As well as the passages that mention "other God's and demi Gods".

So there is definitely more than one God. We're just choosing to worship Abrahams God, the Jewish God.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a Catholic perspective, we dont believe in the Rapture as the evangelical Christians do. We do believe there will be an anti-Christ, but not that everyone who is "saved" will suddenly disappear. At the end of the reign of anti-Christ, Christ will come again for the general judgement, when all who are living will die, and all the dead throughout history will be rejoined with their physical bodies to either enter Heaven with Christ or be sent to Hell, both body and soul. This is one reason Catholics refrain from being cremated after death.

This is a good, short explanation of the Catholic view. My wife and i believe we are living in the great apostacy right now. The events listed on the site are not necessarily in chronological order.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08552a.htm

Things change, the new belief in the Roman Catholic Religion is Cremation is now OKay. I still want to deal with the worms. LOL

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God is Jewish? Man, not pork or catfish, and you're the Creator? What a bum deal.

I've had thisi discussion many times and the consensus my group has come to is that for primitive people (think not much sanitation or understanding of germs and disease) these laws provided a safer existence for those folks. No tricnosis from eating unclean garhage eaters... Goat.. Yummmm They also had rules about not deficating within the area of encampment as well.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree. The whole point of the Law was to separate Israel from the rest of the world. And frying catfish in hog lard at 375 kills everything.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree. The whole point of the Law was to separate Israel from the rest of the world. And frying catfish in hog lard at 375 kills everything.

I think fryiing goat in hog lard would be a better thing as well, but frying pig in hog lard is the best.. Hardee's used to make the best breakfast biscuits using lard, I think Carl's Jr. may still do this. I'm glad the diatery laws went out with the new covenant. They are still a good idea in some areas.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good answer....except for the "Thou shall have no other God before me". That kinda implies there are other Gods. As well as the passages that mention "other God's and demi Gods".

So there is definitely more than one God. We're just choosing to worship Abrahams God, the Jewish God.

I always figured that meant that all the other "Gods" were just so much statuary.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things change, the new belief in the Roman Catholic Religion is Cremation is now OKay.

Not with my mother, she is old skool Catholic I guess, she has been in a fit ever since she found out that I am going to be cremated same day I die with no service, not even a traditional indian service with a wake, etc like my family does things. I was raised Catholic, my entire maternal side of my family is Catholic and indian, but I have not been active in the church since I was in jr highschool and as Agnostic I do not want a service either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom