Question about End of Days, Rapture, Tribulation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep its interesting alright. I'm just gonna claim ignorance and hope God is just and understanding. After all it ain't my fault sinners n idiots fugged up the whole system. I didn't ask to be born anyway.

Yeah maybe he should have made me smarter and less human, hope there's some grace and mercy left.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you may want more of an Irish Wake, or Wake that you may find around New Orleans, what about all of us that play instruments and having a very large jam. This is starting to sound pretty good. What about have it before you pass? What is your name again?

Hells yeaa. My dads mothers side was Irish and my moms momma was indian/French. I have cousins in Louisiana I used to stay summers with in Metairie. I love those old jazz funeral procession scenes Ive seen in New Orleans- I would have to be the one on the tuba tho, lolll. New Orleans is one of my fave places on the planet. I would be down for one of those types of funeral parties. Thanx for the idea, gonna bring this up with the wife.

Im always down to jam, we'll have to do that sometime when Im home in Okiehoma. Im supposed to be off right now but even when Im off Im never not playing, right now Im contributing parts to a friends industrial-metal recording project. I play electric (6,7,8 string) and or acoustic/classical guitar, bass, keyboards/synths, drum machine programming/samplers, piano, tuba, etc. Im a metal guitar player but I was classically trained so I read and write music and like to play other stuff besides metal like blues, jazz, classical, country, etc. After all the honey do stuff is done for the wife and Im bored thats when I work on new stuff, music or art. Im usually the busiest out playing and doing all my other stuff during the spring, summer and fall and try to take time off the last half of December and most of January to regroup and work on new stuff, etc. (You can find me on Facebook under Daemon B Kirk).

Weirdly, especially concerning the subject matter of this thread, a band that I was in for 2 records 2 bands ago got its name from a section of the Book of Revelation. The band was called 'On A Pale Horse', we were based in Des Moines IA. (From the Book of Revelation: "Seven seals are opened... Fourth seal: a pale horse appears, whose rider is Death, and Hades follows him."). I dont know who came up with the name for the band as I joined on bass after it was formed then moved to guitar later. The band was put together from musician friends all from other bands who had knew each other from playing local shows together around Iowa and from being on the same small labels.

http://www.last.fm/music/On+a+Pale+Horse

Sorry for veering from the OP, was just answering some questions.

Last edited:

kalstrand

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly my point about my wife and i believing we are living in the great apostacy. You cant just change a religion. If it was right then, then it is right now. If it was wrong then, it is wrong now. We believe that since Vatican II, the real Catholic church has basically been under siege by modernists and liberal reformers. We dont believe that those sitting in Vatican City are actually representing the Roman Catholic Church founded by Christ. They are running a pseudo-Catholic religion in name only...think of it like a false flag. Another example is the softened stance toward gays and the softened stance on the use of contraceptives, traditionally issues the Church was resolute on.

Its not something someone would understand unless they knew what the Church prior to Vatican II taught. Most modern Catholics dont, unfortunately.

If you read the Vatican II documents and compare it to many of the great thinkers of the church (Iraneous, Augustine, etc) you will find that while they may be taking a different approach the teachings are basically the same.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you read the Vatican II documents and compare it to many of the great thinkers of the church (Iraneous, Augustine, etc) you will find that while they may be taking a different approach the teachings are basically the same.

If i remove the engine from a car, its still "basically" a car. Would you agree its not the same thing as the complete car next to it, though?

Post-Vatican II teachings are much more watered down. The whole point was supposedly to make the Church more inviting for people to come. Basically to make being Catholic easier. Its done nothing but harmed the Church, though. Like i said before...my wife and i dont even consider it the same Church, and hence do not attend any local church.

I know this sounds conspiratorial, Reddog type stuff...but look it up. There are hundreds of books written about this stuff. Start with "The Broken Cross" by Piers Compton.

That old joke...is the Pope Catholic? My answer is no, he's not.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to disagree with the idea that the Roman Catholic Church was founded by Jesus. I know that they point to Matthew 16:17-18, where Jesus says, "17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

However, verse 16 reads, "16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." That confession is the foundation for the establishment of the church, not Peter.

If I remember right, wasn't it something like 3 centuries before the Roman Catholic Church was founded. That would seem to be a bit hard for Peter to accomplish.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have to disagree with the idea that the Roman Catholic Church was founded by Jesus. I know that they point to Matthew 16:17-18, where Jesus says, "17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

If the Church that Jesus is referring to in this sentnce is not the Catholic Church, then which one was He referring to? Thats the only one i want to follow.

There was really no need for a name for the church until various schisms began to occur. It was simply the Church...hence the reason it is capitalized. The desceiptor "Roman Catholic" didn't come around until the split between the Eastern and Western Church.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So is there a Christian church that exists today that predates the Catholic church?

If the Church that Jesus is referring to in this sentnce is not the Catholic Church, then which one was He referring to? Thats the only one i want to follow.

There was really no need for a name for the church until various schisms began to occur. It was simply the Church...hence the reason it is capitalized. The desceiptor "Roman Catholic" didn't come around until the split between the Eastern and Western Church.

Greek orthodox Church and some lesser known churvhs/clans/sects in the middle east as well as the Ethiopian Christian Churchs. The Catholics were not and ain't the beginning.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is there a Christian church that exists today that predates the Catholic church?

Jerusalem was the first center of the church, according to the Book of Acts, and according to the Catholic Encyclopedia: the location of "the first Christian church".[8] The apostles lived and taught there for some time after Pentecost.[9] Jesus' brother James was a leader in the church, and his other kinsman likely held leadership positions in the surrounding area after the destruction of the city until its rebuilding as Aelia Capitolina, c. 130, when all Jews were banished from the city.[9] In about 50, Barnabas and Paul went to Jerusalem to meet with the "pillars of the church":[10] James, Peter, and John. Later called the Council of Jerusalem,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_centers_of_Christianity#Jerusalem

Christianity emerged in the Levant (now Palestine and Israel) in the mid-1st century AD. Christianity spread initially from Jerusalem throughout the Near East, into places such as Syria, Assyria, Mesopotamia, Phoenicia, Asia Minor, Jordan and Egypt. In the 4th century it was successively adopted as the state religion by Armenia in 301, Georgia in 319,[1][2] the Aksumite Empire in 325,[3][4] and the Roman Empire in 380. After the Council of Ephesus in 431 the Nestorian Schism created the Church of the East. The Council of Chalcedon in 451 further divided Christianity into Oriental Orthodoxy and Chalcedonian Christianity. Chalcedonian Christianity divided into the Roman Catholic Church and Eastern Orthodox Church in the Great Schism of 1054. The Protestant Reformation created new Christian communities that separated from the Roman Catholic Church and have evolved into many different denominations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Christianity

The first Christians, as described in the first chapters of the Acts of the Apostles, were all Jewish, either by birth, or conversion for which the biblical term proselyte is used,[1] and referred to by historians as the Jewish Christians. The early Gospel message was spread orally; probably in Aramaic.[2] The New Testament's Book of Acts and Epistle to the Galatians record that the first Christian community was centered in Jerusalem and its leaders included Peter, James, and John.[3] Paul of Tarsus, after his conversion to Christianity, claimed the title of "Apostle to the Gentiles". Paul's influence on Christian thinking is said to be more significant than any other New Testament writer.[4] By the end of the 1st century, Christianity began to be recognized internally and externally as a separate religion from Second Temple Judaism which itself was refined and developed further in the centuries after the destruction of the Second Jerusalem Temple. As shown by the numerous quotations in the New Testament books and other Christian writings of the 1st centuries, early Christians generally used and revered the Jewish Bible as Scripture, mostly in the Greek (Septuagint) or Aramaic (Targum) translations, much of which is written in narrative form where "in the biblical story God is the protagonist, Satan (or evil people/powers) are the antagonists, and God's people are the agonists".[5][6]

As the New Testament canon developed, the Letters of Paul, the canonical gospels and various other works were also recognized as scripture to be read in church. Paul's letters, especially Romans, established a theology based on Christ rather than on the Mosaic Law, but most Christian denominations today still consider the "moral prescriptions" of the Mosaic Law, such as the Ten Commandments, Great Commandment, and Golden Rule, to be relevant. Early Christians demonstrated a wide range of beliefs and practices, many of which were later rejected as heretical.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Christianity

Lots of stuff happened(wars, persecutions, etc.) and changed between the early church, (Apostolic, post Apostolic), the legalization of Christianity(313), Roman Empire Church(380), Fall of Rome(476?)Roman Catholic Church(1054), black death(1346–53), Protestant Reformation(1517-1648), and where we are today.

Last edited:

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bestselling Christian book that claims to detail a boy's trip to heaven and his return to Earth is being pulled from stores after one of its co-authors admitted he made the whole thing up.

The 2010 memoir, "The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven," was written by Alex Malarkey and his father, Kevin Malarkey, a Christian therapist in Ohio.

In 2004, when Alex was 6, the two were badly injured in an automobile accident. Alex ended up in a coma for two months, and the book claims to tell the story of his trips to heaven during that time.

Malarkey described a heaven with a "hole in outer heaven" that goes to hell. He detailed his conversations with Jesus Christ and meetings with the devil, who at one point blamed him for the accident.

"I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

wasn't the bible written by man? in other news, no one has gone to heaven and wrote about it. Come on people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom