Question about Permission to Carry in Places with "No Weapons" Sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the last few months, I've felt it my Patriotic duty to be more vocal about the stupid no guns signs and I implore all of you to do the same. I hate it when I hear that I'm the "only complaint they've received." That disappoints me and usually holds less weight. I have see some great responses, including getting free stuff which is always a perk.
The newest sign I'm seeing is the "No Weapons" sign which includes and knife in the picture as well as the gun. The last two places have basically said that the sign was placed there to stop Open Carry and that when its concealed, they don't care and said feel free to conceal carry. I know there are other signs and I offer them and preach how they don't work for criminals. This is not what the post is about.
My question to you guys, is how weighty would their email be for permission? "IF" I were ever asked to leave? Or needed to use it legally

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question to you guys, is how weighty would their email be for permission? "IF" I were ever asked to leave? Or needed to use it legally

Suggest you read the trespassing statutes, because trespassing is the issue at hand.
The owner or authorized agent has the right to control access to the property.
I had written permision to hunt a certain piece of property, and the owner called me one day to tell me he had leased the hunting rights to that property to a management group. As of that moment, my free hunting on that property was at an end. That is no different than control of firearms in a business.

There are signs that say something like 'NO WEAPONS ALLOWED EXCEPT CONCEALED HANDGUNS CARRIED IN COMPLIANCE WITH OK SDA."
That seems to me an alternative to offer the owner who wants to prohibit only open carry, but not concealed.
Remember, there are no sign standards in OK, and the owner can use whatever he chooses.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please read my post. I offered them an new sign. My post and question is not about signs. It's about whether or not their email that says I can carry will hold up as valid permission.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suggest you read the trespassing statutes, because trespassing is the issue at hand.
The owner or authorized agent has the right to control access to the property.
I had written permision to hunt a certain piece of property, and the owner called me one day to tell me he had leased the hunting rights to that property to a management group. As of that moment, my free hunting on that property was at an end. That is no different than control of firearms in a business.

There are signs that say something like 'NO WEAPONS ALLOWED EXCEPT CONCEALED HANDGUNS CARRIED IN COMPLIANCE WITH OK SDA."
That seems to me an alternative to offer the owner who wants to prohibit only open carry, but not concealed.
Remember, there are no sign standards in OK, and the owner can use whatever he chooses.

those are usually in texass

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please read my post. I offered them an new sign. My post and question is not about signs. It's about whether or not their email that says I can carry will hold up as valid permission.

I'd like to read what you wrote. Would you mind going and rewriting it so we can understand what you're trying to say? As it is it doesn't make much sense.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He sends and email asking clarification to the business in question, they sanswer saying they have no objections to concealed carry, their primary objections being open-carry (I'm assuming because other customers may be uncomfortable with Billy the Kid) and then he runs across a situation where he has to use it... or maybe just has his coat tail brushed out of the way... does it help in prosecution should that occur. At least that is what I got after re-reading it.

I wouldn't have a clue to the answer though. May be of some help but the law is a twisted thing the way it's practiced in these here United States.

SABOT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In my opinion, no, the email does not qualify as permission. The place is either posted and applies to everyone, or it's not.
To me, no means no and I take my business elsewhere.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually some salesperson is near the door , a gregarious smile and "yall care if I come in buy something?" always met with "why sure come on in ! " They can always change their mind, if not then be all apologetic say I'm sorry really wanted (blank) . But be nice! Until it's time not to be nice.

And BE nice , I bought the vertical holster for my 45 because ... Well ...I'm nice , and the horizontal one made a few folks nervous.

We all new to this, and they are especially.
Good Luck
Elance

Latest posts

Top Bottom