Question for military guys.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this guy is not lying about his service, his training was VERY lacking.

If he is found to be fraudulent, I won't charge him more, I'll just have nothing to do with him further and be that much wiser.

To be honest, his "stories" are very funny. He claimed to be military RSO. In the RSO class I asked to explain to the class about a military range with the target trench, the metal scoring discs, and what "Maggie's Drawers" meant.

He looked at me like I ask him to explain String Theory and said he's doesn't know anything about those things. :bigeye:

I took the RSO recertification class about 2 months ago, and I have no clue what you are talking about.... Maybe we just don't use "Drawers" in the light infantry? Asked some of the senior NCO's in my platoon, none of them have any idea what you are talking about either.... So I wouldn't hold it against the guy... Not saying he is legit, just saying that the training standards you are using as references are more than likely either a regional or personal experience, but I will ask around some more, maybe I just slept through that portion of instruction. I have selective narcalepsy...

Edit for clarification: I know what the target trench is, hasn't been done for several decades... metal scoring disks, never heard of them, neither has the 2 11B SFC's & 13B MSG I work with. We aren't national guard... so maybe thats why we've never heard of the stuff you are bringing up, maybe its a guard thing. Definately wouldn't know about that.

Second edit: Ok, I found an Ex Navy guy, maggies drawers is a term used by the Marines... Explains a lot. I asked about 18 senior non coms, finally a navy guy answers.. go figure.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have to disagree, I have not/would not show my DD-214 to ANY business for discount purposes, as there are other ways of verifying military service without giving up so much personally sensitive data. The VA is the only person to see mine.

There are 2 copies available, Member 1 and Member 4. One of them(I can't remember which) has all the personal/privacy act info blacked out for your protection. No reason not to be willing to show it.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are 2 copies available, Member 1 and Member 4. One of them(I can't remember which) has all the personal/privacy act info blacked out for your protection. No reason not to be willing to show it.

Yet I never have. Its your business if you want to give out your discharge paperwork, I have not ever had a reason to, besides VA, & I just remembered that I had to show it to register for college & retain my GI bill. I certainly would not dig it out of the safe deposit box just to get a discount at a class.... OTOH its pretty obvious to those that meet me that I am military, guess I haven't been out long enough for 'that look' to wear off yet. Also don't run around claiming to have barely survived HALO jumps & that other sh*t the OP said this guy mentioned. I imagine that if you put yourself out there like a douche, people are going to call you out.

okmic1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe he doesn't want to show it because he got a Big Chicken Dinner.

I think we got a winner.

As other's mentioned, dd214 is only on discharge. As far as SpecOps in OK aren't Pararescue under SpecOps now? They weren't when I was in 20 years ago, but I thought I'd read somewhere that it's changed.

For that idiot's sake I hope he doesn't try that story on the wrong person.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I'm a MArine and I've never heard of Maggie's drawers..... I got out in 2008. Some of you OLD Marines explain!

Boot the guy, he is lying out his ass.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pararescue is the only Spec Ops in the USAF (with the exception of things like SERE instructors, etc).
He's full of ****. I'd tell him to produce an ID or hit the road.

ETA: I forgot about the combat control / weather guys.

Last edited:

skruball253

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a fake to. All his claims don't add up. SpecOps people don't go around telling everyone "Hey I am Special Forces." 56 y/o and Active duty? Doubt that. CAC ID for active duty or 214 if he is retired or seperated. If he says its classified he is full of it. Boot him.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DD214 will tell all. there are two versions the service 2 and member 4 he will most likely show ou the service 2.

How about references from his commander, or cert he was bound to get a few of those from any training, they should all be in his SRB.

I had a forklift cert in my SRB that happend to disappear :) on a flight back to the states

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I'm a MArine and I've never heard of Maggie's drawers..... I got out in 2008. Some of you OLD Marines explain!

Boot the guy, he is lying out his ass.

At the rifle range, when you miss the target downrange, they wave the red disc from one side to the other instead of holding it up in a scoring position.

To me, the guy sounds like an obvious BS artist. I've worked with a few of them in the past before... they make me sick to my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom