What are you reading?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like secret organizations, special ops, guns, lots of bad ass action, zombies, etc check out this Trilogy by Jonathan Mayberry.

The books in specific order are: "Patient Zero," "The Dragun Factory," and "The King of Plagues."

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
World War Z (Max Brooks)~amazing book about oh **** situation with very believable stories
Isaac Bell series (Clive Cussler)~ awesome early 1900s adventure stories with plenty of gun/train action
Harry Dresden series (Jim Butcher)~ gritty wizard novels that are a very easy read
about to start a Ron Paul book for kicks...

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just finished The Ice Limit by Douglas Preston and Linclon Child. It was a good read and I like their agent Pendergast books also.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Working on the Game of Thrones series now... about 2/3 of the way through the 5th book, and looking forward to the next several in the series. :D

An Innocent Man by Grisham was mentioned several times... very good book. Mayhap some literary license/slant to it, but knowing a number of the people in the book personally, I was certainly a bit freaked out by the injustice of it all.

I've got a lot of reading to catch up on... mostly I read for fun, to escape and dream. Reality can be enough of a downer every day as it is. Fiction/fantasy, really.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished:

Unlikely Warrior, A Small Town Boy's View of World War II By Robert Lovell
-Great (a very detailed) WWII book from a local Oklahoma resident. Mr Lovell grew up in Hennessey. I met the guy at one of the OKC gun shows and bought a couple of his books. One for my old man and one for me. We both enjoyed the read! Highly recommended. If you have the chance pick up a copy at the next gunshow. Amazon also sells copies, but if you buy one from Amazon, Amazon get thier cut before Mr. Lovell sees any.
http://twoharborspress.com/b-Unlikely-Warrior,-A-Small-Town-Boys-View-of-World-War-II_11755
4320_fc_lrg.jpg

Currently I'm reading:
Escape From Davao: The Forgotten Story of the Most Daring Prison Break of the Pacific War by John D. Lukacs
Only about 50 pages in, but I'm enjoying it immensely so far.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of very good reccomendations in this thread. I should finish up "Locked On" this weekend. I'm adding Stephen King's "11-23-63" onto my next book order. But in the mean time, I will start with my current Amazon shipment...

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Laura Hillenbrand

The Gray Man (A Gray Man Novel)
Mark Greaney

Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, No. 1)
Lee Child

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of very good reccomendations in this thread. I should finish up "Locked On" this weekend. I'm adding Stephen King's "11-23-63" onto my next book order. But in the mean time, I will start with my current Amazon shipment...

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Laura Hillenbrand

The Gray Man (A Gray Man Novel)
Mark Greaney

Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, No. 1)
Lee Child

Your going to like Unbroken! Awesome story! "The Bird"......wow...you'll know what I'm talking once you read it

Latest posts

Top Bottom