What are you reading?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up Tom Clancy's latest book, "Locked On", to read over the holidays. I've always enjoyed his particular technical-spy-political-thriller genre. But now, I've been looking for other authors in the genre.

So far, I've gotten suggestions to try Clancy's "Locked On" co-author Mark Greaney's "The Gray Man". Also, I've been told that Lee Child's, Jack Reacher novels are a pretty good read.

Any feedback?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The wife just finished Steven Kings 11-23-63. Prob not in the Clancy genre but a good historical/fiction you might call it. She's more of a M. Crichton reader. I'm not really a novel reader but I may have to start this one.

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out anything by Frederick Forsyth. He wrote "The Day of the Jackal", "The Odessa File" and a bunch of others. Can't think of anything he wrote that wasn't excellent.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a Stephen Hunter fan. I read all the Bob Lee Swagger books, I am now on the second book about Bob Lee's father, Earl. Every one has been a great read. I highly recommend them. I kind of wish I had read the Earl books first, then the Bob Lee books, but I read them in order of publication.
Bob Lee books:
Point of Impact
Black Light
Time to Hunt
The 47th Samurai
Night of Thunder
I, Sniper
Dead Zero

Earl Books:

Hot Springs
Pale Horse Coming
Havana

After I finish with Earl, I'll grab Hunter's newest book, Soft Target.

Latest posts

Top Bottom