What are you reading?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Dummy Line by Bobby Cole : Jake Crosby, a troubled stockbroker, has planned a weekend escape at his hunting camp with his nine-year-old daughter, Katy. In the middle of the night, a gang of redneck drug dealers attempts to break into the remote camp. The gang's display of heinous intentions toward Jake and Katy causes Jake to make gut-wrenching decisions.

Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse by James Wesley Rawles : As hordes of refugees and looters pour out of the cities, a small group of friends living in the Midwest desperately tries to make their way to a safe-haven ranch in northern Idaho. The journey requires all their skill and training since communication, commerce, transportation and law enforcement have all disappeared. Once at the ranch, the group fends off vicious attacks from outsiders and then looks to join other groups that are trying to restore true Constitutional law to the country.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huge fan of the late Robert Parker. Good stuff there.

Reacher novels started getting a little old for me. Way too much superman-like recovery and capabilities. I liked them at first though.

My Goodreads link: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3639026 Goodreads is a neat way to get more recommendations for books, once you tune it, and it only takes about 10 books to tune it.

Currently reading Flight of the Southern Cross, a speculative fiction piece set in the Civil War. Good premise, and basically a good story, but the editing errors are killing me.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
" The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors" by James D. Hornfischer. It is about the naval battle of Samar, where the American fleet was forced to battle a superior Japanese fleet. I'm proud to say that my grandfather was on one of the ships in the American fleet. He lived for many years after the war, and seldom mentioned his part in the war.

To Cohiba: Bill Tilghman did die in the line of duty, but he was a rather old man at the time. His killer, Wily Lynn, died in a shootout in Marshall County, where he killed another lawman and an innocent bystander.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure to check out Neptune's Inferno: The U.S. Navy at Guadalcanal, also by Hornfischer. Interesting story. I'm "eh" about his writing, but the basic account was great.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
briarcreekguy: Agreed that Bill Tilghman was an older man when he was killed in the town of Cromwell. He was living at the time of his death in Chandler, my home town and he and his wife are buried in the Chandler cemetary.
The home they built in Chandler is still standing and a wonderful restored historic home!!

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom