Really?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What some of you are missing, WW1 and WW2 did not start out as big wars. They started out small and grew just like conflicts in the mid-east tend to do.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the kind of crap I mean: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57358501/lara-logan-video-a-gift-for-the-taliban/?tag=strip

Lara Logan even says that "all the Afghans will remember is this regardless of how many mosques and schools the U.S. has built the length and breadth of Afghanistan". That's because the media rarely ever SHOWS our troops doing GOOD over there. They would rather break in with special reports of stories like THIS and turn it into a long, drawn out, talked to death discussion because THIS is ultimately the way the media sees our troops. And I don't think it's all about ratings, either. I think the media genuinely DO NOT LIKE or RESPECT our military.

Some people don't realize that most of the afgans don't have the media resourses we have here. The outrage is on our side. Brutality against their fellow citizen is accepted. This is the society they grew up in.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Americans as a whole are too damned stupid to have control of any military. They've been dumbed down, diversified and desensitized to the point they wouldn't know what real terror was if it bit them in the ass. They have no concept of inhumanity, barbarity or savagery.
http://in.news.yahoo.com/taliban-marine-tape-wont-hurt-afghanistan-talks-005452598.html

My point exactly.

They have no concept of inhumanity, barbarity or savagery. Refer back to my post on page 5.
Asphalt commando's Have no business even commenting in this thread unless they have witnessed the brutality of war, and the effects it has on those participating in it.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point exactly.

They have no concept of inhumanity, barbarity or savagery. Refer back to my post on page 5.
Asphalt commando's Have no business even commenting in this thread unless they have witnessed the brutality of war, and the effects it has on those participating in it.

Discouraging undue criticism of the soldiers in one thing, but saying we can't even discuss it is absurd.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was doing my best to stay out of this one. Oh well....

LOL. If you are posting videos of defiling corpses, you are a traitor. I don't need a ribbon to complain about a traitor. I say take their guns and uniforms and discharge them over there. Maybe hold them liable for civil damages from the next terrorist attack?
You sir, are a complete tard.

She just made the perfect argument for not having them there at all. War has never been about building mosques. That we have US troops doing that in hostile territory is pure insanity. That's what the frigging Peace Corps is for! Why aren't THEY over there building mosques? Because it's too damned dangerous! If it's too dangerous for them to do it, then it's too dangerous for our troops to be doing it, or anything else but waging WAR!

Americans as a whole are too damned stupid to have control of any military. They've been dumbed down, diversified and desensitized to the point they wouldn't know what real terror was if it bit them in the ass. They have no concept of inhumanity, barbarity or savagery. They want so desperately to pretend that they've transcended worldly problems and that their troops have as well. That we're now angels in the service of God and that we cannot fall, and are irredeemable if we do. My countrymen embarass me. We're overrun with fools and morons. These fools and morons have no frame of reference from which to understand the taliban and they never will. There is only one way to defeat the taliban. Take all these American fools that don't have a clue and air drop them on Afghanistan. It would be like spreading a festering biological agent on the taliban. Pretty soon they'd want to kill themselves just to get away from it.

I am rapidly losing hope for this country. We are surely nearing the point of no return. It appears that even the taliban understands mortal combat, unlike unlike all these American apologists who've never been there. :(
I agree 100% GTG. It's downright sad and if we as a society don't wake the hell up we will have only memories to pass to our grand children and I fear they won't be able to comprehend what we've known, it will only be like a fairy tale to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rep. Allen West (R-FL)
“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

I disagree with the the Col. West. I would dispense with the Article 15 someone named Pershing comes to mind for doing far worse...

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
What some of you are missing, WW1 and WW2 did not start out as big wars. They started out small and grew just like conflicts in the mid-east tend to do.

Rick, in all due respect, you need a history lesson. WWI had murkey beginnings with the assassination of Franz Ferdinand and his wife, but WW 2 was big from the get-go. Uncle Adi invaded Poland and conquered it 6 weeks. The British and French immediately declared war and got their butts kicked in 1940,when the Germans rolled through the rest of Europe. It did not start out as a "small war." Had Hitler destroyed the BEF troops at Dunkirk (like his Generals wanted), he probably would have been able to launch Operation Sea Lion and invade England. He refrained from killing and capturing those troops in the hopes of coming to peace terms with England. His first major tactical error of the war.

A better analogy would have been Viet Nam.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick, in all due respect, you need a history lesson. WWI had murkey beginnings with the assassination of Franz Ferdinand and his wife, but WW 2 was big from the get-go. Uncle Adi invaded Poland and conquered it 6 weeks. The British and French immediately declared war and got their butts kicked in 1940,when the Germans rolled through the rest of Europe. It did not start out as a "small war." Had Hitler destroyed the BEF troops at Dunkirk (like his Generals wanted), he probably would have been able to launch Operation Sea Lion and invade England. He refrained from killing and capturing those troops in the hopes of coming to peace terms with England. His first major tactical error of the war.

A better analogy would have been Viet Nam.

And if you'll notice, the two World Wars were largely "world wars" because of alliances. It's what makes the current Iranian situation so dangerous; not that they may one day have a nuclear weapon, but that there are too many ties to bigger players. WWIII could easily be just one "preemptive strike" away.

And as for Dunkirk, Hitler failed only because he trusted Onkle Hermann.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If having experience or first hand knowledge was a prerequisite for commenting on message boards, forums like this would have about as much traffic as a website for do-it-yourself circumcision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom