Really?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the kind of crap I mean: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57358501/lara-logan-video-a-gift-for-the-taliban/?tag=strip

Lara Logan even says that "all the Afghans will remember is this regardless of how many mosques and schools the U.S. has built the length and breadth of Afghanistan". That's because the media rarely ever SHOWS our troops doing GOOD over there. They would rather break in with special reports of stories like THIS and turn it into a long, drawn out, talked to death discussion because THIS is ultimately the way the media sees our troops. And I don't think it's all about ratings, either. I think the media genuinely DO NOT LIKE or RESPECT our military.

"This is what nations need to think about: When you send your troops to war, there are unintended consequences. This is one of those unintended consequences," she told Rose. "It's not helpful to the U.S. in the rest of the world - and in the Islamic world particularly. The U.S.'s image in those parts of the world has already taken a pounding in the last ten years of war."

She just made the perfect argument for not having them there at all. War has never been about building mosques. That we have US troops doing that in hostile territory is pure insanity. That's what the frigging Peace Corps is for! Why aren't THEY over there building mosques? Because it's too damned dangerous! If it's too dangerous for them to do it, then it's too dangerous for our troops to be doing it, or anything else but waging WAR!

Americans as a whole are too damned stupid to have control of any military. They've been dumbed down, diversified and desensitized to the point they wouldn't know what real terror was if it bit them in the ass. They have no concept of inhumanity, barbarity or savagery. They want so desperately to pretend that they've transcended worldly problems and that their troops have as well. That we're now angels in the service of God and that we cannot fall, and are irredeemable if we do. My countrymen embarass me. We're overrun with fools and morons. These fools and morons have no frame of reference from which to understand the taliban and they never will. There is only one way to defeat the taliban. Take all these American fools that don't have a clue and air drop them on Afghanistan. It would be like spreading a festering biological agent on the taliban. Pretty soon they'd want to kill themselves just to get away from it.

I am rapidly losing hope for this country. We are surely nearing the point of no return. It appears that even the taliban understands mortal combat, unlike unlike all these American apologists who've never been there. :(

http://in.news.yahoo.com/taliban-marine-tape-wont-hurt-afghanistan-talks-005452598.html

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
She just made the perfect argument for not having them there at all. War has never been about building mosques. That we have US troops doing that in hostile territory is pure insanity. That's what the frigging Peace Corps is for! Why aren't THEY over there building mosques? Because it's too damned dangerous! If it's too dangerous for them to do it, then it's too dangerous for our troops to be doing it, or anything else but waging WAR!

Americans as a whole are too damned stupid to have control of any military. They've been dumbed down, diversified and desensitized to the point they wouldn't know what real terror was if it bit them in the ass. They have no concept of inhumanity, barbarity or savagery. They want so desperately to pretend that they've transcended worldly problems and that their troops have as well. That we're now angels in the service of God and that we cannot fall, and are irredeemable if we do. My countrymen embarass me. We're overrun with fools and morons. These fools and morons have no frame of reference from which to understand the taliban and they never will. There is only one way to defeat the taliban. Take all these American fools that don't have a clue and air drop them on Afghanistan. It would be like spreading a festering biological agent on the taliban. Pretty soon they'd want to kill themselves just to get away from it.

I am rapidly losing hope for this country. We are surely nearing the point of no return. It appears that even the taliban understands mortal combat, unlike unlike all these American apologists who've never been there. :(

http://in.news.yahoo.com/taliban-marine-tape-wont-hurt-afghanistan-talks-005452598.html

Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom