Really?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Urinating on corpses and posting videos isn't sacrificing anything or fighting for anything. It's an idiot jeopardizing the integrity of this country.

You seriously have to resort to personal attacks over this? PATHETIC.

YOU resorted to personal attacks on United States Marines. Was their conduct wrong? Yes. Was it stupid to post it? Yes. Are they traitors to their country? Not a chance in hell.

LOL. If you are posting videos of defiling corpses, you are a traitor. I don't need a ribbon to complain about a traitor. I say take their guns and uniforms and discharge them over there. Maybe hold them liable for civil damages from the next terrorist attack?

Your foolish inflammatory rhetoric is beyond the pale. We don't need your kind passing judgment on warriors in the fray. You want to brand them traitors and drop them in a combat zone out of convenience? You disgust me. When you make personal attacks on United States Marines in combat, you attack us all. You'd best understand that Marines don't back down from a fight, not even a pathetic one with someone like you! :finger:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But as far as answering the question redmax51 asked, the difference of degree or severity of the particular act is a small detail. The perceived hypocrisy is the larger matter.

Not if you are the one being beheaded or a relative of sai person.You really believe urinating on a dead body rises to the level of beheading? I don't think it's a small detail.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not if you are the one being beheaded or a relative of sai person.You really believe urinating on a dead body rises to the level of beheading? I don't think it's a small detail.

It's not a small difference to us. To the other billions of people on the planet in their cultures, it's minutia.

But again, we go around telling the world we're better than that. We set an expectation then we do something different.

The Taliban at least said they'd decapitate us, or parade our corpses through town, or **** us with a rake if we gave them a chance. No one is surprised when they do because they told us they would.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LOL. If you are posting videos of defiling corpses, you are a traitor. I don't need a ribbon to complain about a traitor. I say take their guns and uniforms and discharge them over there. Maybe hold them liable for civil damages from the next terrorist attack?

You had better look up the definition of "traitor" before you start throwing that word around.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RidgeHunter, you don't get it. They hate us because of our freedom.

Yep. They'd welcome us with open arms and if we respected dead bodies more. Having troops on the ground killing people would is totally acceptable to all foreign people, so long as we don't pee on them after we violently kill them. Those crazy rogue marines are gonna cause another 9/11.

They should redo the Homeland Security Advisory chart and move yellow to the top, you know, 'cause piss is yellow and all of our national security risks can be traced back to piss.

upload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_thumb_1_10_Hsas_chart_wd873044ad5f6457b5c0e13c8775f354f.png

But again, we go around telling the world we're better than that.

You're right, but it's stupid that we do. There's not a civilized, urbane way to kill a person in combat.

Bottom line is, like GTG said, this is what happens in war. If you read your history, you know it's not unusual and it's also tame compared other things that have happened and continue to happen. If the government and the American public is so ashamed of what happens during war, perhaps we should stop starting wars. We sure cheered hard in 2003, tho. People r so dum.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the kind of crap I mean: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57358501/lara-logan-video-a-gift-for-the-taliban/?tag=strip

Lara Logan even says that "all the Afghans will remember is this regardless of how many mosques and schools the U.S. has built the length and breadth of Afghanistan". That's because the media rarely ever SHOWS our troops doing GOOD over there. They would rather break in with special reports of stories like THIS and turn it into a long, drawn out, talked to death discussion because THIS is ultimately the way the media sees our troops. And I don't think it's all about ratings, either. I think the media genuinely DO NOT LIKE or RESPECT our military.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Those Marines (and all other military) ought to be home with their wives, girlfriends, children and family instead of over there fighting to enrich elites. Maybe this video will get that ball rolling.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like former Army lieutenant colonol Rep. Allen West's (R-FL) response to this:

Rep. Allen West (R-FL) said:
“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rep. Allen West (R-FL)
“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3: Nothing else needs to be said,I should lock it now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom