Recommend me a home security provider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being the geek that I am, I use the iCam iphone app and desktop app. It allows me to stream up to 4 webcams and allows me to see and hear through those webcams via iPhone. Anytime movement is detected, I get a push message to my phone and the app starts recording. I have the number to the okc police dispatch saved to my phone in case I'm out of town and someone tries to break into my house.

The iPhone app costed me a whopping 1 time fee of 9.99 in the app store :D

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody know if any of these services offer a non-contract month-to-month service plan?

<edit> Particularly interested in local companies, I'm sure the national ones don't give enough of a sh!7 to care...

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody know if any of these services offer a non-contract month-to-month service plan?

<edit> Particularly interested in local companies, I'm sure the national ones don't give enough of a sh!7 to care...

I have a buddy that ownes a newer company and should be able to hook you up. The company it Atlas something. Send me a PM and I will give you his number.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being the geek that I am, I use the iCam iphone app and desktop app. It allows me to stream up to 4 webcams and allows me to see and hear through those webcams via iPhone. Anytime movement is detected, I get a push message to my phone and the app starts recording. I have the number to the okc police dispatch saved to my phone in case I'm out of town and someone tries to break into my house.

The iPhone app costed me a whopping 1 time fee of 9.99 in the app store :D

That is my next step, but not being a geek, or have an Iphone not sure how to hook it up. I have seen thes setups before and pretty cool.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for a commerical security integrator. On the issue of 'remote monitoring' via smartphone app:

ai54.tinypic.com_rax076.png

(Demo camera at my office)

Consider more than a 'liveview only' app. There are products out there (like the screenshot above) that will actually record and store video events for a period of time (think: cloud DVR). It is very handy to have the ability to peer in and see what's happening under the view of your camera. Whether or not it comes to you in an app is also a matter of preference; oftentimes, any computer with access to the web can provide you access.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had Network Alarm Systems and learned my lesson with them. I switched to TnT and have been happy so far except the sales guy never gave me my referral money.

TnT is a contract at first but then switches to month-to-month. I thought their rates for the services I signed up for were comparable to others. Supposedly the first five diamond montoring company.

Network Alarm had a 60 days or so notice of service cancellation and if you didn't notify the contract renewed for 1 year. I won't be going back to them if they buy out every other monitoring company.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ASG Security Acquires 15,000 Accounts and Expands Into the Oklahoma Market
By Scott Goldfine

BELTSVILLE, Md. &mdash; ASG Security announces it is expanding its footprint into Oklahoma with the acquisition of TnT Security Services, which operates out of offices in Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Established in 2003, TnT serves 15,000 local residential and small business customers, and employs 60 people. The purchase price was not disclosed.
&ldquo;We found just a great opportunity in Oklahoma that allows us to continue on our growth strategy and enter a brand-new market,&rdquo; ASG CEO Joe Nuccio tells SSI. &ldquo;They are one of the most efficient companies I have seen in a long time. And the ability of the employees to continue to grow is really outstanding. They have had a 30-percent growth rate, which we plan to enhance, expand, and at some point add in larger commercial and government business because we believe that market is very strong for that.&rdquo;
The acquisition was the second of the year for ASG, which picked up Encompass Security of Southlake, Texas, in April. Prior to the TnT addition, ASG, which was founded in 2002, serviced more than 125,000 customers throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and Texas. According to Nuccio, being that Oklahoma borders Texas, TnT provides ASG a bridge to cross over and extend its contiguous reach.
&ldquo;We think we can take this existing region today and double in three years with the opportunities that are in both Tulsa and Oklahoma City,&rdquo; adds Nuccio. &ldquo;I look at Oklahoma as similar to Texas, in that it has been undervalued during the economic crisis. That&rsquo;s why our branches there performed so well, and I see the same attributes and viability as we now come into Oklahoma. It&rsquo;s really solid and there&rsquo;s a lot of construction going on out there.&rdquo;
Nuccio says the sale was prompted by the owner retiring and ASG became a welcome suitor because of the bright future it offered the company and its loyal employees. &ldquo;We had an employee meeting and they are very excited about the prospects to grow within our organization. We&rsquo;re embracing and want all the employees, sales, service, installation, everything, so we think it&rsquo;s a great opportunity for them.&rdquo;
TnT also operates a CSAA Five-Diamond central monitoring station, but Nuccio says it has yet to be determined how that side of the business will be handled.
ASG Security was honored as 2010 Installer of the Year in SSI&rsquo;s SAMMY Awards program.

Latest posts

Top Bottom