Recommend me a home security provider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they are unmonitered but infinately more effective, it's alittle company outta New Haven called Mossberg, I have the model 500 works great and the response time for getting the police there is much more quickly than just one of those annoying alarm sounding sirens.

lol, my 500 has me covered when I'm here. It's when I'm not home that I'm worried about. Also, I sleep like a rock, so i need something to give me a head start on the BG's, lol.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I'm going to hit up REC come monday.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for REC. I've been using them for years and have been very happy with their service. They are easy to work with and have quick response times.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Labrador/Remington here. As a bonus, he howls when the tornado siren goes off (only time I've ever heard him howl), so I won't sleep through it. I've tried, and he starts nudging me until I acknowledge him. Never seen electronics do that.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 9 or so years ago, my best friend had an alarm system installed. After 1 year, he called to cancel. They attempted to charge him a huge fee. He said there shouldn't be a fee since his 1 year contract was up. They told him he signed a 2 year contract. He had them mail him a copy of the contract. His name had been forged on the contract. He showed me the contract. My friend has extremely nice handwriting and a John Hancock type signature. It is very distinctive. One look, I knew it wasn't his. They wouldn't let him out of the contract. So he sues the company. It turns out, the sales rep they sent to his house only worked for the company for a few months. The sales rep had forged his name on the longer contract to get better commission. The sales rep had also recently been dishonorably discharged after being arrested (and/or served time) for burglary. They hired a guy with a burglary background to sell home alarms. LOL The company offers to settle for $2500. But since a lawyer and handwriting analyst had already been involved, they counter offer asking for $10,000. The company says they'll go to trial. It drags out for the better part of a year and in the end the jury awards my friend $7000 in some kind of damages and $500,000 in punitive damages. From what he told me, $500k was the limit for punitive damages for that court. To keep it from going through the appeal process for a long time, he settles after the judgement for somethiing in the $380k range. All because they forged his name... JACKPOT! BTW, it was a BIG name company that paid him.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hit up Keelty, it's his occupation. He helped me find a good security system for my house and I'm sure he could steer you in the right direction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom