Red Dots for ARs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

greg1996zz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the Russian red dots are very good and ruggedly built. Battery life isn't as good as an Aimpoint, but they're not too bad. Battery life hasn't been a problem since deployments from my couch don't typically last too long. I have pk-01v that I'm very happy with and I read good things about the pk-23. These can be found on ebay and other sites.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with the cheaper Red-Dots is that they're largely hit-or-miss.

Here's a thread where I went over a lot of the cheaper stuff in my head - I ended up getting an EOTech and am now looking to upgrade it to an Aimpoint since I purchased my first Aimpoint just a week ago.

http://okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44779
(Most of the SWFA links are dead since they're constantly screwing with their website, but you can search for each on Opticsplanet.com or SWFA.com and find them).

I hunt with my rifles - and I expect them to work when wet, dragged around through brush, bouncing around when I climb a tree, etc...

Aimpoint offers me a cheap way to do all of that for just a little more than most of the cheaper options (used Comp C2 or ML2 can be had for under $300).

If you go this route, make sure you're not getting screwed on a fake - they're getting better and better at cloning the real ones (that is - making them look real while the inside guts are cheaply made).

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure but if your brother has vision problems Aimpoint or Eotech may not work for him. I lost some vision in May and no longer can get used to the Eotech whereas a Aimpoint offers the simple red dot that allows me to still enjoy shooting rifles.

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyways. Do the EOTechs come with a mount already built in? It's obvious I would need a mount with the Aimpoint but I'm not sure about the EOTech.

Glocker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer the Aimpoint for battery life, ease of on and off, but higher $'s
Eotech works good, cheaper, bolt on rifle and go.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So this may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyways. Do the EOTechs come with a mount already built in? It's obvious I would need a mount with the Aimpoint but I'm not sure about the EOTech.

Yes, and that's the beauty of the EOTech. They come with a built-in mount :thumb:

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have $500 to spend you can get an Aimpoint comp c3 and a quality mount from Larue, ADM or Bobro. Get the smaller 2 moa dot also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom