Reloading Site

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to purchase a membership? Hogdon.com is free to use and no vat. That’s some kinda foreign tax Bravo Sierra Added into the purchase price. Stay in the good old USA with a trusted company.

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_2805.jpeg
    IMG_2805.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use loaddata.com, or a manual.
I haven't heard of loaddata, thanks. I do use manuals, as often as I can that is. The issue I'm coming across is I can't find load data for some things in any manual or on Hodgdon's site for example. I can find something that appears to be close to what I'm reloading, but not an exact match. Is that good enough to go with? I don't know, I'm still pretty new to reloading and I don't want problems, especially serious ones, if I can avoid them.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't heard of loaddata, thanks. I do use manuals, as often as I can that is. The issue I'm coming across is I can't find load data for some things in any manual or on Hodgdon's site for example. I can find something that appears to be close to what I'm reloading, but not an exact match. Is that good enough to go with? I don't know, I'm still pretty new to reloading and I don't want problems, especially serious ones, if I can avoid them.

Not using published data, you are taking a risk. Using data from a similar burn rate powder is USUALLY alright, based on your knowledge, skill, experience. Some powders do not reduced loads. Some do not like compressed loads.

Reloading comes with hazards.
Factory loads are not perfect or 100% safe either. Pick your medicine.

I have probably (definitely) done a few things most loaders wouldn't. I come from a laboratory background, am thorough in researching, comparing and I get nervous about some loads. Those, I don't load. I rarely shoot max loads and have lightened loads to the point of bullets not leaving the barrel.
I don't recommend doing what I do, but offer the knowledge obtained.

Published data is your friend and the best way to stay safe.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Loaddata.com is published via Wolfe publishing. They're pretty well established, and they use primary source load info from various manufacturers and from some experimenters.

It's a great resource if you're able to think and figure things out but also if you're lazy and can't think, just follow tables and decimal point and you should be good.

caveat: this 👆 is assuming one is not an idiot

https://loaddata.com/

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Modern Reloading, 1st & 2nd Editions, by Richard Lee, Lyman #s 46 - 50, Accurate #1, Hodgdon #26, and Speer #13 on the self in my reloading room. Not to mention a 3" ring binder with data printed directly from numerous manufacturers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom