Remember, you're likely not as anonymous as you think you are online.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

His lecture is not for the weak of heart - or for those afraid of drones

This is a very entertaining and extremely interesting lecture about related privacy topics. The speaker is an investigator and goes over some case studies.

Last edited by a moderator:

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Law enforcement can get access to your forum/gmail/whatever stuff with a subpoena, and the data owners typically don't have a whole lot of incentive to fight them.

That's is a big reason we don't let things go to far here.

Some of the things members here have actually said... Wow

We don't have anything to hide here. We have members with all types of political and religious beliefs. I'd like to think we are all mature enough to respect one another. The only talk we won't tolerate is outright treasonous or seditious talk. We might not agree with certain government policies or on proposed legislation, but we respect the law. Every political cycle we have an opportunity to work to change what we don't like. That's the American way. After all, we are all Americans and unlike some, our only agenda is to safeguard our freedoms.

Someone on SomethingAwful made an off-hand joke about killing the President and Lowtax got a visit from the Secret Service. If nothing else, it makes admin/mod's lives easier.

Who watches the watchers? The actions they are currently taking seem reasonable to me. But what are the checks on this sort of monitoring?

There aren't a whole lot of checks on it. Watch the video here: https://www.defcon.org/html/links/dc-archives/dc-20-archive.html#Jaffer

PS if people could write their senators about not reauthorizing the 2008 amendments to FISA that would be super.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive been reading bout this stuff for a few hours, simply amazing the amout of non treasonous/sedatious stuff that gets gathered.

Why would anyone care except marketing. Theres trolls that build up a small post count and post polls, ford or chevy, favorite chewing gum, kool aid ect. The irony of being a paid troll, no wonder we dogpile on some trolls.

I think im turning into a Reddog1, lol. Maybe we can get a troll cop.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't have anything to hide here. We have members with all types of political and religious beliefs. I'd like to think we are all mature enough to respect one another. The only talk we won't tolerate is outright treasonous or seditious talk. We might not agree with certain government policies or on proposed legislation, but we respect the law. Every political cycle we have an opportunity to work to change what we don't like. That's the American way. After all, we are all Americans and unlike some, our only agenda is to safeguard our freedoms.

One of your best posts ever

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure GC needs something to do in retirement. He doesn't seem to have the lack of a sense of humor required to be a mall cop.

Says he won't do the mall cop thingee ... Has a thing about being unarmed ... lol When I worked for JCP and he found out loss prevention there was unarmed he said, and I quote "No friggin' way ... Not now ... Not ever ..."

And he's a complete computer illiterate. I have to turn the damned thing on for him ... :grumble:

Wonder if Wal-Mart allows door-greeters to be armed?? :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom