RIP BurnCo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do, when you walk in you'll see all the smokers .

From what I understand they don't smoke overnight, but they do get there at like 3 am.

I've never been there because I'm not a customer for the "line up and hope you get what you want" business model. I have had sampled some before that was brought to my office by a co-worker and it was the most delicious beef brisket I've ever had. (Just still not worth standing in line for.)

Well that's interesting that the fire started at 10:30 p.m. I would imagine with their early afternoon closing time and not cooking until 3 a.m. that everything would be shut down. But I guess only takes one person overlooking one small thing one time. Or maybe it wasn't even cooking related. That's an old buildilng with presumably older wiring and so forth.

jacouls

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been to both locations and that's a real loss for the downtown area. Thankfully they have the second location or it would feel like the same loss as when Big Anthony's closed 4-5 years ago.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never been there because I'm not a customer for the "line up and hope you get what you want" business model. I have had sampled some before that was brought to my office by a co-worker and it was the most delicious beef brisket I've ever had. (Just still not worth standing in line for.)

Well that's interesting that the fire started at 10:30 p.m. I would imagine with their early afternoon closing time and not cooking until 3 a.m. that everything would be shut down. But I guess only takes one person overlooking one small thing one time. Or maybe it wasn't even cooking related. That's an old buildilng with presumably older wiring and so forth.
Yeah, some of my guys at work always wanted to go but I wouldn't go with them. They asked why and I said I just don't want to work that hard for my lunch. :rollingla

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Vents for restaurant smokers and even frying grills are typically the #1 cause of fires as the creosote builds up. Same that causes home fires without being cleaned on a regular basis. The vent fan gets loaded up with the smoke, fat, and whatever, gets hot, and it ignites the creosote inside the chimney. The natural draft of the fire in the chimney creates even more heat and the building catches fire.
If I were to design a smoke house restaurant, it would require the smoker to be separate from the building with over temp sensors imbedded into the stack that would show a fire and servos to close dampers on the intake and exhaust of the smoker.
Those items are actually pretty cheap to buy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the news this morning, the fire began in the attic.
Which the smokestack goes through? I don't know, could be electrical. Just general info about fires involving chimneys in general. My sisters moblle home in the 70's went up because of the vent, and I'm sure our firemen on this forum can confirm this is a big issue.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, some of my guys at work always wanted to go but I wouldn't go with them. They asked why and I said I just don't want to work that hard for my lunch. :rollingla

You are waiting no longer than you would if you went in and sat down at a restaurant..... and it's that much better. When I go in Jenks there's not much of a line, and at the Boston location, they come by with ribs if the line starts to grow.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are waiting no longer than you would if you went in and sat down at a restaurant..... and it's that much better. When I go in Jenks there's not much of a line, and at the Boston location, they come by with ribs if the line starts to grow.
I disagree, based on my very limited experience, and the description of my buddies who went much more often. One of them arrived one day at 10:30 am to make sure he was in line when the doors opened, and they said it was not at all unusual for them to be out of items by the time you got through the line.

I will agree that the Jenks location was much better, the times I've been there.

And... even if it WERE the same amount of time, I'd much rather sit and wait than stand in line and wait. Oh, and almost forgot... part of their description was you'd need to stand by someone's table and wait for them to leave to get a table before someone else jumped it.

The irony is they couldn't understand why I didn't want to eat there, but it was really their description of why it was so great that made me uninterested.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom