Roach Coach Burritos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a major fan of a tasty, high-quality burrito from a well run Roach Coach or fresh out from under the heat lamp at some out of the way truck stop or quick stop kind of place. I'm not talking about these new "Food Truck" things, or the mass produced ones at like 7-11 that you have to microwave for a minute or whatever. I am going back to my early days, at for example; Edson Range at Camp Pendleton, back in the old days; in the old Corps; when at 0-dark thirty; while we were often waiting on first light at the range, here would come lumbering up the "Roach Coach" with some old retired geezer selling junk food; the prime rib of which to many of us was a greasy, half-crisp and half-limp burrito which was absolutely delicious. Nuthin' like a Roach Coach burrito at 6:00 am as you got ready to shoot on the firing line. Lots of times, the Roach Coach was a familiar sight at other USMC bases I was stationed at as well; seemed to have the same basic fare; pogey-bait (candy and chips and crap like that to you non-military types) a variety of junk food and of course, those heavenly burritos! Now, I have eaten Truck Stop burritos almost as good across the country. Here in the OKC area, two of the finest I've thrung a lip around are at the Flying J on I-40 and Morgan Road and this little convenience store off Arcadia road about 3/4 mile east of I-35. I've had 'em down around Frisco Texas as well recently, but you gotta stay away from chain stores; make sure you go to Mom-n-Pop's Gas-n-Go kinds of places for the best in Burritos if you are a true aficionado of heat lamp cuisine. So is anybody else here with me as far a made sometime yesterday (or last week even)
and kept warm still today greasy as hell burrito?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive eaten a bunch of em and love em. I'm a road food warrior. I have spent over 20 years literally out on the road non stop working as a gigging musician and tattoo artist and now small business owner in 2 different far away states.

(My other faves are greasy hot links on the roller grill w/BB sc in a bun and Broasted chicken with the big potato wedges. Those big battered potato wedges are the sh it).

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive eaten a bunch of em and love em. I'm a road food warrior. I have spent over 20 years literally out on the road non stop working as a gigging musician and tattoo artist and now small business owner in 2 different far away states.

(My other faves are greasy hot links on the roller grill w/BB sc in a bun and Broasted chicken with the big potato wedges. Those big battered potato wedges are the sh it).

I'm with you on the hot links, but I like 'em slathered in yellow mustard!

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Best there is around here is at 11th and Lewis in Tulsa. It usually sits in the mannequin store parking lot. They are the only good, pick it up and eat it burrito I've had since leaving Kalifornia.

Latest posts

Top Bottom