Roll Call: Who was your first and where is she now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
First gun ever was a 10/22. It had a SS heavy bull barrel and Hogue stock. It was heavy, but super accurate. I sold it to build the gun in my avatar now (9mm 1911). Don't particularly miss it.

First handgun was Kimber Compact Stainless .45 ACP. It was a great gun, again, super accurate, crazy nice trigger. But it was a 4" with carry sights and all stainless construction. So it was target gun heavy, with a short sight radius and carry sights. Also being their 4" it had a FLGR which was a pain, and it ate recoil springs every 750 rounds or so. Also learned how picky 1911s can be about good mags. Traded it for an AR, which was parted out for something else, which is also long gone now. It gave me part of my screen name. It was a nice gun, but like most of my first guns - the 10/22 above, first CF rifle (Rem700 .270), first AR (16" w/ heavy barrel), first shotgun (Rem1100 12ga), it was a learning experience. I didn't really know what was good in that category.

I'm still learning.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
First gun was a Sigma .40 I was young and dumb and couldn't decide between that or the S&W model 908 so I did a coin flip. Regretted it quickly and sold the sigma to get a S&W 915.
Wish I still had the 915 but at 21 years old living by yourself, the rent was hard to come by sometimes so away it went.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently bought another Shield from here, but this time it doesn't have that pesky thumb safety. Previously I was too scared to carry it without one, but then I realized I wasn't scared of the revolver I've been carrying for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First gun ever was a 10/22. It had a SS heavy bull barrel and Hogue stock. It was heavy, but super accurate. I sold it to build the gun in my avatar now (9mm 1911). Don't particularly miss it.

First handgun was Kimber Compact Stainless .45 ACP. It was a great gun, again, super accurate, crazy nice trigger. But it was a 4" with carry sights and all stainless construction. So it was target gun heavy, with a short sight radius and carry sights. Also being their 4" it had a FLGR which was a pain, and it ate recoil springs every 750 rounds or so. Also learned how picky 1911s can be about good mags. Traded it for an AR, which was parted out for something else, which is also long gone now. It gave me part of my screen name. It was a nice gun, but like most of my first guns - the 10/22 above, first CF rifle (Rem700 .270), first AR (16" w/ heavy barrel), first shotgun (Rem1100 12ga), it was a learning experience. I didn't really know what was good in that category.

I'm still learning.

Lol, I’ve hunted with Remington 1100’s most of my life, i still have 1100 and an 11-87 super mag they work everytime I do ....

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First gun- Ruger 10/22
First handgun- Hi Standard Sentinel
Still have both for investerment purposes. The Hi Standard market should take off anytime.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Remington 510 Targetmaster. It was my Dads and my son has it now and it will be passed down to his!
But very first was a Daisy 1894 BB gun. Shot it so much Daisy replaced it 3 times. Son has it too!
First pistol H&R 22, the model escapes me now but you had to pull the cylinder pin to punch the empties out. I know a pain in the a$$ but I shot a bunch of 22s thru that pistol.

Last edited:

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First rifle is a Savage Stevens Mdl 1872 "Crackshot" I got for my 10th birthday in 1976. It's the first gun my children fired, and it occupies a position of honor in the safe. My father got it for me, and it would be the last gun I'd part with.

First pistol was a Ruger P97D. I never carried it, but it was my home defense weapon for a while when I wasn't really shooting very often. It had all the ergos of a Planet of the Apes gun, but it ran well. Traded it towards a Kimber Ultra Carry II that was a jam-o-matic.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first was a JC Higgins .22 bolt action that I got for Christmas in 1956 and still have it today. It still shoots good, though I have had to replace the extractor.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remington 510 Targetmaster. It was my Dads and my son has it now and it will be passed down to his!
But very first was a Daisy 1894 BB gun. Shot it so much Daisy replaced it 3 times. Son has it too!
First pistol H&R 22, the model escapes me now but you had to pull the cylinder pin to punch the empties out. I know a pain in the a$$ but I shot a bunch of 22s thru that pistol.

Was it an H&R 949?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom