Rut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What about the temps? Do they affect the rut? This coming weekend is looking warm (which sucks imo) but if the activity will still be on, I'm all bout dat!

Gator

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seen a buck Sun morning, he was just kinda milling around, not doing much. Yesterday on my way to work, just south of Goldsby on I-35, there was a buck and doe in a wheat field, he was running her pretty good

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, it's going to be warm this weekend and I hope the esterous cycle has already began and can't be stopped. I am going on a controlled hunt at the Salt Plains. I could not have imagined Nov. 6-8 being 70°.

Still, I feel confident that does will be out (if only at sunrise/sunset) and bucks will be following the scent. I will use a little Tinks 69 or what ever I have to help pull them bucks a little.
:laughup:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the temps? Do they affect the rut? This coming weekend is looking warm (which sucks imo) but if the activity will still be on, I'm all bout dat!

The change of light and shortening days spur the rut. This time of year deer will run in any temperature at any time of day. The only weather that will slow them down is hard rain or high wind.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it's going to windy this weekend :nolike:

Thats what the weather dummies are predicting.
Ok, I know it was a hunting show on TV, but it was a Whitetail hunt in Montana, and the wind was over 50 MPH and they killed them anyway. You could tell it was windy in the video. That being said, I haven't had much luck in a high wind either, but that doesn't keep me at home..:D I'll have about 3 hours to hunt Sunday and that will be it for a week.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last sunday, In NE OK. I saw 5 bucks. one mature 6 pt. chasing and running off two smaller bucks. the does were not receptive yet. the other two bucks came in with their nose's to the ground trying to pick up the does as well. it is a good sign in a week or two they should be starting. I am gonna try to get back out there with the bow and gig me one!

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The change of light and shortening days spur the rut. This time of year deer will run in any temperature at any time of day. The only weather that will slow them down is hard rain or high wind.

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Either way, I'm huntin in the morning and can't flippin wait!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom