Sanders asked to leave restaurant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I can do is shrug my shoulders. I see the same arguments here that historically were used to try and bar black men from service. I did agree that transsexuals shouldn't serve as they need constant hormone treatment. To me that is the same as any other medical condition that requires constant medication. The rest, well we will have to agree to disagree on this and let history play out. And yes, I've been a bit combative to some, but simply because I was told my opinion doesn't matter. Others I have had discussions with and yes, have actually changed my opinion given new information.

And rc, you may not feel I've earned the right to be a veteran, but my two years were active duty. This isn't the citidel. I had to swear the same oath any other soldier takes, I followed the same regs from USMJ (plus a few others specific to WP). The only thing that was different was our dress uniforms. I actually do have a DD214. Had I not torn my acl in my first year I would have gone enlisted after I was removed from the academy. Due to missing two fitness tests I was told I would have to leave then sign up. In retrospect I should have done this, however I probably would not have met my wife. I am proud of the time I got to be in the Army. Met a lot of great people and had some fun. Not to mention I got to walk the halls that many of America's greatest generals walked. That feeling of history is one thing I cherished about my time there. It was my one big failure in life and took me a few years to process it and come to terms with it. So please, don't try to diminish it as irrelevant.
Had you made the 4 years and received a Commission, and served RA, you would understand where Im coming from. Academy life is FAR different from actual military life. The problems you face on AD with a Commission are FAR different from those at the academy. So yes, your opinion is subjective.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had you made the 4 years and received a Commission, and served RA, you would understand where Im coming from. Academy life is FAR different from actual military life. The problems you face on AD with a Commission are FAR different from those at the academy. So yes, your opinion is subjective.

Won't argue that fact. Had you stated it that way I would have agreed. But simply telling me that I'm no veteran and 2 years at West Point doesn't count is different. I'm not proud of why I was removed from the academy. I screwed up and feel behind on my studies. I got distracted by what was fun (video games) and lost sight of my goal. It took me a while to look back and admit that. However I am proud of the time I spent there and that I even had the chance. Every morning I took pride in the fact I got to put on my uniform and attend class where some the most celebrated generals attended. Can you see where your previous statement would cause some ire with me?

One of my biggest faults is I'm argumentative. I don't know when to back down at times. Until I see hard evidence that I'm wrong I will argue it til I'm blue in the face. Especially when it comes to an opinionated matter. I'm not above changing my opinion or stance on a subject when shown new evidence or that I was wrong on something.

For those in this thread that served I respect your service to our country. I will stand with our armed forces and I defend them against anyone who wants to say something about them. I may disagree with you on this subject is all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom