Say it isn't so

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After I signed my wife's Valentines day card I laid it face down on my desk and was so disheartened when I saw that the " Hallmark" store card is made In china.
I honestly never thought that Hallmark would stoop to that level.
Rant over.

Attachments

• hallmark.jpg
    hallmark.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 6

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it, I'm not naïve, but does our great nation mfr anything that we use any more?
Millennial???????

Tires, we make tires

I went to work for a chemical plant in '78, south of Houston.
Phosphates in laundry detergents were polluting our Nation's waterways. We were manufacturing a surfactant that replaced the phosphate. The surfactant was not approved for use in the US. (not enough votes bought)
Canada approved it and outlawed phosphates.
Everything we made was shipped to Canada.
In 5 years, the Canadian waters were restored.

Our goobermint will save us.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone noticed how many Hallmark shops have closed in the past few years but it's most of them... All the independent shops had to refresh their stores/shelves etc. at 6 figures+ to new corporate standards so most of the independently owned stores closed including the one in the BOK/Williams tower.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well when you look at the cost of paying Americans versus employees in other nations you can see why these decisions are made. While unions have done some good they have made the cost of paying American workers in many industries cost prohibitive. When you can make $40 or more an hour standing watching a machine make a tire you’ve pretty much priced yourself out of work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom