School me on lever action cartridges.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Prairie rats" ... Many years ago, I was helping a friend to reduce the ground squirrel population on his ranch. One of the guns I used was my 375 H&H Magnum. It followed late great Elmer Keith's advice on penetration. When I hit one, it was like shooting a clay bird ... just a little puff of red smoke.

I like that thought.

Such a thing of beauty.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, I saw H and H has one of those 44mag takedown Taylor's in the case for sale. They want $1075 or so, looks pretty nice. In case someone wants to play with it. Or make it mine.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
HoLeChit, Here is my Marlin 336Y. This is a youth model which has a shorter stock, and with an added recoil pad gives me a 13"LOP which is perfect for me. So I set her up as a poor mans scout rifle, with peep and post iron sights, an a extended eye relief scope. A sling and ammo wrap, and she's ready to go!! She's a 30-30, you know the one that can't kill a deer! LOL!!!!!!
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN5597_zpsd52b6113_1.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN5596_zps313bd2c1_1.jpg

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone really needs to make a lever rifle in 327 Federal magnum.
I keep hearing rumors but so far.....
I would love to have one to go with my ruger single seven. :)

THIS!!! I am building a collection of levers/single actions in matching calibers and want that exact combination.

The other lever I want (had an option on one but passed) is either a Marlin or Winchester in 7-30 Waters. I put together a Contender carbine in 7-30 Waters with a youth stock for my daughter and really like the way it performs. In the Contender I can use any 7mm bullet I want but bullets that are safe for the levers are limited....only down side. That's her first buck with the 7-30 in my avatar.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
as to the performance of the different lever gun cartridges and loads, look at ballisticstudies.com. their cartridge database is some of the most extensive research i have ever seen in one place, and much of what he says about the performance of various loads on game I have seen in my own experience...

Latest posts

Top Bottom